• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Here's a photo of the wall in my office. All early Marvel average grade 5.0, with the lowest being the 3.5 ASM #1 and FF #5 (which isn't visible in the pic due to the flash). No windows in the room to worry about, which is a plus.

lIr6yhg.jpg

That's a fantastic display Casey! I just ordered a batch of frames from Gweedo's, but have yet to hang and fill them. My wall isn't going to be nearly as impressive, I'm afraid!

20301041166_d36467b74c_b.jpg

Before I could afford to buy early silver and golden age comics, I could pick up annuals that published stories from old Superman comics. All of these are from my original collection.

Progress so far on my Dr. Strange run in CGC 9.2 or 9.4. If anybody knows where I can fill the obvious holes, let me know. I've got a 176 CGC 9.4 coming from Bob Storms this week, so there's another one down...the rest are proving extremely challenging!

H1eawvxh.jpg

Such a great run and under appreciated in my opinion! I found it took me a long time to find nice copies of 181-183.

Beautiful books! (thumbs u

ASM run! About 25 yrs in the making. I'm in the process of upgrading some of them. (Missing AF 15 and ASM 1). The ones signed by Stan were signed in '94 at Philadelphia comicfest, way before the massive saturation of Stan signatures. I'm working on getting unsigned copies of the signed ones. Still need 71 and 97.

2cncdxi.jpg

aw0f5.jpg

otiwkm.jpg

2056re0.jpg

23hk275.jpg

vnnzv5.jpg

29pd72w.jpg

As a big Jack Kirby fan, I've been working on collecting all of his '50s-'70s Marvel and DC work, including the Westerns. Three years ago today I posted a group shot of my Two-Gun Kids. A few weeks ago, I finally picked up Kid Colt #90, the last one I needed. Excepting reprints, with that book I now have all of his Atlas/Marvel Western output: Black Rider Rides Again, Gunsmoke Western, Rawhide Kid, Two-Gun Kid, Two-Gun Western and Kid Colt Outlaw.

He only drew a total of 5 interior stories of KCO but did many covers.

I figured since I was pulling them all out for photos, I might as well include the non-Kirby issues I have, too.

Kid%20Colt%20group%201.jpg

Kid%20Colt%20group%202a.jpg

Kid%20Colt%20group%202.jpg

Kid%20Colt%20group%203.jpg