• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

U

As a big Jack Kirby fan, I've been working on collecting all of his '50s-'70s Marvel and DC work, including the Westerns. Three years ago today I posted a group shot of my Two-Gun Kids. A few weeks ago, I finally picked up Kid Colt #90, the last one I needed. Excepting reprints, with that book I now have all of his Atlas/Marvel Western output: Black Rider Rides Again, Gunsmoke Western, Rawhide Kid, Two-Gun Kid, Two-Gun Western and Kid Colt Outlaw.

He only drew a total of 5 interior stories of KCO but did many covers.

I figured since I was pulling them all out for photos, I might as well include the non-Kirby issues I have, too.

Kid%20Colt%20group%201.jpg

Kid%20Colt%20group%202a.jpg

Kid%20Colt%20group%202.jpg

Kid%20Colt%20group%203.jpg

Great stuff bro! Happy New year!!!

24081081986_3bf60fc1e3_b.jpg

I've been a fan of the Challengers since Showcase 11. More than half of my Challengers are from my original collection purchased in the sixties. The Showcase 11 is still in one of the boxes but it was the one I kept instead of Showcase 4. Both belonged to a cousin back in the fifties.

I've been a fan of the Challengers since Showcase 11. More than half of my Challengers are from my original collection purchased in the sixties. The Showcase 11 is still in one of the boxes but it was the one I kept instead of Showcase 4. Both belonged to a cousin back in the fifties.

..... oh, how I loved the 12 issue Kirby run....... it's a tough choice for me, but it may have been the run that I had the most fun tracking down..... and this was mostly pre internet, they were TOUGH. Naturally, my FF run is the favorite.... but even in the early 70's with minimal options, the SA Marvels were all do-able if you had the cash. The late 50's 10 cent D.C.'s were another story. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... oh, how I loved the 12 issue Kirby run....... it's a tough choice for me, but it may have been the run that I had the most fun tracking down..... and this was mostly pre internet, they were TOUGH. Naturally, my FF run is the favorite.... but even in the early 70's with minimal options, the SA Marvels were all do-able if you had the cash. The late 50's 10 cent D.C.'s were another story. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Half of these are reprints but I still like to see the FF issues together. I lost interest in the FF at around 100 but enjoyed Byrne's brief time drawing their adventures.

23854028615_affc1dc119_b.jpg

23589763273_0f9e54f58b_b.jpg

I like World's Finest but not sure how I ended up with 3 copies of one issue.

I usually post my golden age group but I still have a lot of silver age.

5558750749_c8e4738570_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Thanks KirbyJack! To be honest, I've been lurking here for years but I've always been a bit intimidated to post photos of any of my stuff. I know my photos stink and my runs aren't high-grade so I appreciate the compliment. Helps boost my posting confidence! :blush: