• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leash any from Pedigree?

65 posts in this topic

Anyone who bids on Dougs auction is a fool, it had been proven and he even stated that there is shill bidding going on his site. I would neve buy a thing from that man.

:o :o :o When did this happen?

There was a big thread about it a few weeks ago.

(shrug)

Anyone who bids on Dougs auction is a fool, it had been proven and he even stated that there is shill bidding going on his site. I would neve buy a thing from that man.

(shrug)

He actually stated that he shill bids his books? hm I'm speechless doh!

(shrug)

Yeah, I missed that as well. (shrug)

Was it in the thread Brent started about the Grand Auction books that seem to always make it back into the site inventory?

some "fool" just forked over $210k for his FF #1 in 9.4.

i.e. Doug bid 200K :grin:

(shrug)

Yeah, I missed that as well. (shrug)

Was it in the thread Brent started about the Grand Auction books that seem to always make it back into the site inventory?

Yep same thread.. Ever since I read about it, I stopped going to Doug's site

Can someone translate this from Nerd to English? :whatev:

lol - anyone here who shelled out $10k (that's US dollars) in Doug Schmell's Pedigree Comics auction for the Pacific Coast (well regarded Pedigree) Batman (DC character) #171 (issue after #170) CGC (Comic Guaranty Corporation) 9.4 (formerly known as Near Mint) care to explain?

1st SA riddler... I wanted that book bad. But my max was 5k, it reached that many days ago... it's a sick book but not 10k sick IMO....

Can someone translate this from Nerd to English? :whatev:

lol - anyone here who shelled out $10k (that's US dollars) in Doug Schmell's Pedigree Comics auction for the Pacific Coast (well regarded Pedigree) Batman (DC character) #171 (issue after #170) CGC (Comic Guaranty Corporation) 9.4 (formerly known as Near Mint) care to explain?

1st SA riddler... I wanted that book bad. But my max was 5k, it reached that many days ago... it's a sick book but not 10k sick IMO....

:o for his 1st silver age appearance, not even his 1st appearance :o and we all know the term "silver-age" is 100% geek-made so it really should be listed as his 3rd apperance period.

I can only imagine how much his 1st bronze, copper, and modern appearance must be worth hm

Prices on Spidey and FF were just as soft as the last big ComicLink auction--I saw a LOT of GPA lows, a WHOLE lot, and beyond the lows I saw a lot of books going for prices from 5-7 years ago. The market's really looking down this year, particularly in such stark contrast to how unbelievably hot it was last summer.

Prices on Spidey and FF were just as soft as the last big ComicLink auction--I saw a LOT of GPA lows, a WHOLE lot, and beyond the lows I saw a lot of books going for prices from 5-7 years ago. The market's really looking down this year, particularly in such stark contrast to how unbelievably hot it was last summer.

i think the spideys were lot softer than the FFs overall

link to pacific coast batmans:

linkster

is it just me or did the bats 227 CGC 9.6 cr/ow go for cheap? hm

Speaking of cheap i think that Cap #117 was cheap. Didn't this book shoot over 1K for some time?

2K at one time.

I think I sold one last year on the boards for $2K mind you it was a white pager perfectly centered.

And how the hell did that Giant Size Spider-Man #4 CGC 9.8 have NO BIDS?!?!?! Was this sale pulled?

The starting bid was $1k for a bad wiswrap. I think that is about GPA average.

I tried to win the ASM 408 variant but the reserve was higher than the last two ebay sales.

Why bother putting it in an auction if you are going to price it so high no one will buy it?

Yeah, reserves are a big turn off to potential bidders so many books probably don't even get bid on that would otherwise would have sold for the reserve price in a no reserve auction. I know there are some sellers on ebay I won't even bother to bid on for that reason...