• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

[quote name=rockman2008A deal is a deal 2c [/quote]This goes back to why he sold to bat-man over mt1000. The former paid all in one shot compared to Matt who was planning on dividing time payments into who knows how long (? it's still unclear the time line agreed between mt1000 and yannis).

According to Dan, they were actually going to drive over there, pick the book up in person and finalize the deal on Saturday.

DRX

Which would you prefer? Payment by electronic means that's guaranteed all at once.

Or would you rather wait for some stranger who may or may not show up with his friend at your door step after a four-hour drive? And if they do show up, wouldn't you be concerned about the possibility of being beaten up and robbed? The logistics for setting this up is a pain compared to the ease of a quick electronic payment. No?

This is the biggest load of BS ever. Matt got screwed plain and simple. If he was that concerned he could have insisted on a paypal payment first and met for then met for the pick-up.

I feel bad that Yannis is dealing with his personal situation but he didn't even give Matt the courtesy/opportunity to pay up first.

:mad: this whole thing just reeks of bad business. Probation list or not, you can scratch one buyer off my list of people who I'll deal with.

A pile of BS indeed. How much the book sold for doesn't matter. The grade or perceived grade or whether the book was a good or bad deal doesn't matter. How and when the $$ was gonna be paid doesn't matter. Dealing with a stranger or a friend doesn't matter. The seller experiencing personal problems and possibly needing $$ quicker doesn't matter.

A deal was made, a healthy downpayment made, and then the seller backed out and sold the book elsewhere without even a simple message to the original buyer. It stinks and it also stinks that board members are making excuses for the seller rather than sharpening the pitchforks and firing up the Easy Bake Ovens.

I really do think that selling on the boards is more a privilege than a right,and believe that this kind of conduct should not be tolerated.The seller broke the contract and was in the wrong,hence should not be allowed to sell here. 2c

FWIW I have done a handful of deals with John (Yannis) and have never had any problems whatsoever. He has always been dependable and seems like a decent dude. That said, this situation is not cool.....BUT I have faith Yannis will in the end do the right thing. Just my 2c

How? He doesn't have the comic any more...

True. If he can't recover it from the buyer maybe he can make it up to the original/screwed buyer some other way? I just can't believe the Yannis I know wouldn't try to do SOMETHING to make amends. Then again I got suckered(almost) by Alleybat....so what the hell do I know??? :tonofbricks:

VTcomics, on a side note, I wanna do business with you after seeing all the crazy books you've been listing lately! lol Some of those make me wanna cry haha.

I met Alleybat in Florida. He introduced himself to me at Megacon.

After he told me who he was I told him to leave.

:mad:

Did he have my Batman 1? :sumo:

No, I told him that I wanted nothing to do with him after I told him you were a bud of mine.

He tried to explain the situation about how somebody was supposed to ship it and didn't. I told him I wouldn't talk to him any further.

[quote name=rockman2008A deal is a deal 2c [/quote]This goes back to why he sold to bat-man over mt1000. The former paid all in one shot compared to Matt who was planning on dividing time payments into who knows how long (? it's still unclear the time line agreed between mt1000 and yannis).

According to Dan, they were actually going to drive over there, pick the book up in person and finalize the deal on Saturday.

DRX

Which would you prefer? Payment by electronic means that's guaranteed all at once.

Or would you rather wait for some stranger who may or may not show up with his friend at your door step after a four-hour drive? And if they do show up, wouldn't you be concerned about the possibility of being beaten up and robbed? The logistics for setting this up is a pain compared to the ease of a quick electronic payment. No?

This is the biggest load of BS ever. Matt got screwed plain and simple. If he was that concerned he could have insisted on a paypal payment first and met for then met for the pick-up.

I feel bad that Yannis is dealing with his personal situation but he didn't even give Matt the courtesy/opportunity to pay up first.

:mad: this whole thing just reeks of bad business. Probation list or not, you can scratch one buyer off my list of people who I'll deal with.

A pile of BS indeed. How much the book sold for doesn't matter. The grade or perceived grade or whether the book was a good or bad deal doesn't matter. How and when the $$ was gonna be paid doesn't matter. Dealing with a stranger or a friend doesn't matter. The seller experiencing personal problems and possibly needing $$ quicker doesn't matter.

A deal was made, a healthy downpayment made, and then the seller backed out and sold the book elsewhere without even a simple message to the original buyer. It stinks and it also stinks that board members are making excuses for the seller rather than sharpening the pitchforks and firing up the Easy Bake Ovens.

I really do think that selling on the boards is more a privilege than a right,and believe that this kind of conduct should not be tolerated.The seller broke the contract and was in the wrong,hence should not be allowed to sell here. 2c

I think a big fat mea culpa, an honest explanation of what happened with zero excuses and contradictions, and a great-faith attempt to make it up to mt1000 would go pretty far in this case.

Plus a month or so in the corner sporting the Dunce Cap.

I think it's always been like that to be honest. With CGC, a lot of lies about restoration are now out there but it still happens.

Even in the earlier days of this forum, people still got into disputes. I think disputes are part of the hobby and always will be.

I don't really believe in the whole sky is falling thing.

FWIW I have done a handful of deals with John (Yannis) and have never had any problems whatsoever. He has always been dependable and seems like a decent dude. That said, this situation is not cool.....BUT I have faith Yannis will in the end do the right thing. Just my 2c

How? He doesn't have the comic any more...

True. If he can't recover it from the buyer maybe he can make it up to the original/screwed buyer some other way? I just can't believe the Yannis I know wouldn't try to do SOMETHING to make amends. Then again I got suckered(almost) by Alleybat....so what the hell do I know??? :tonofbricks:

VTcomics, on a side note, I wanna do business with you after seeing all the crazy books you've been listing lately! lol Some of those make me wanna cry haha.

You're crying?? Dude I'm manic depressed over selling off my babies. Fricking college ain't cheap though. :cry: BTW I'm finally caught up on my backlog of shipping so stay tuned for more books for sale this weekend! :baiting:

I met Alleybat in Florida. He introduced himself to me at Megacon.

After he told me who he was I told him to leave.

:mad:

Did he have my Batman 1? :sumo:

No, I told him that I wanted nothing to do with him after I told him you were a bud of mine.

He tried to explain the situation about how somebody was supposed to ship it and didn't. I told him I wouldn't talk to him any further.

I simply CANNOT wait until I run into him at a CON. If you hear some screaming behind the convention center just walk away......

There is a meanness in this world. I resent that it was "devil's advocated" that a couple of boardies were going to come to his house and beat him up. I resent that the advice to stay silent in this society has become the norm. I resent that after having put down a healthy down payment, that it wasn't enough to cover an immediate medical bill. My condolences on his loss. But, God forbid, I needed to sell a comic to help a sick relative. Why not ask us (or a friend) for a quick fund-raiser? We've come through before, and we'll do it again.

Do the right thing, guys.

Dan

on a side note..i'm dyeing my hair as we speak..err..type

Aren't you supposed to be working :makepoint:

i think this deal sucks. i think matt got hosed. im sorry for yannis loss. i even more sorry that people are coming on this thread trying to defend this guy? give me a break. matt was treated nasty in this deal. the only way to even come close to making it right is for the seller and the new buyer to work their things out so that matt gets the book if he wants it. there is no escuse for treating him this way. i am new to these boards just like matt is. i have made a couple deals and i have told buddies about this board and how cool people are and how there are nice deals here. i hope none of them log on their first night and see how matt gat treated. the bottom line is this was just nasty and no way for yannis or his friends to explain him out of it. wrong is wrong is wrong.................

Lets be honest about something, the fact that Yannis and Bat-Man have not posted on this thread shows me one thing. They are cowards and don't want to deal with this! MAN up and make this right!

on a side note..i'm dyeing my hair as we speak..err..type

Wait, aren't you at work? I'm now confused. :o

I haven't taken a break all day and I went to CVS and got a box of dye and had a friend help me. its all done now..im a platinum blonde now! watch out! lol

i think this deal sucks. i think matt got hosed. im sorry for yannis loss. i even more sorry that people are coming on this thread trying to defend this guy? give me a break. matt was treated nasty in this deal. the only way to even come close to making it right is for the seller and the new buyer to work their things out so that matt gets the book if he wants it. there is no escuse for treating him this way. i am new to these boards just like matt is. i have made a couple deals and i have told buddies about this board and how cool people are and how there are nice deals here. i hope none of them log on their first night and see how matt gat treated. the bottom line is this was just nasty and no way for yannis or his friends to explain him out of it. wrong is wrong is wrong.................

I'm not trying to explain his way out of it.....not at all. I'm simply saying this behavior is not the Yannis I am accustomed to dealing with. I have not gone through all the posts, but I gather neither Yannis or Batman have weighed in? Well, it IS Friday night...maybe they ain't logged in today? Also, I sent Yannis a PM about 20 minutes ago trying to get his reaction. Still hoping he makes amends here somehow. :wishluck:

Females are the best multi-taskers (thumbs u

I'm sorry you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong and I will leave it at that. :whistle:

hm are you a female? I'm guessing not..therefore you may not know how good we are at multi-tasking