• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

just reading this thread over again is making me sick.

It's Friday night. You need to have a few cocktails. You'll feel better. :foryou:

DRX

Oh I will...but not until I get off of work at 11:30p :(

Must have a rough job that lets you post all day on internet message boards eh?

You guys hiring at all?? :baiting:

Not sure how anyone can defend Yannis in this situation. He messed up and should just take it as that.

Matt will move on. He's a big boy. I just think Yannis should be held accountable. While I think he is, I don't think he's really taking much responsibility for his actions.

Matt was given a month, but was ready to pay it off in HALF that time. Only reason meeting in person was mentioned was to take a fun road trip.

If Yannis was worried about meeting, a paypal payment would be fine.

The idea of getting beat up by a couple of boardies very laughable though. I have a lot of local friends in the hobby and a girlfriend on these forums. We could of just met in a public place. It's not like a random craigslist sale.

To Yannis friends, I understand wanting to defend your buddy. That's completely reasonable. But a deals a deal and he backed out on a deal. Once Yannis agreed to a month in a couple time payments, I figure that's just as good as paying up front. That was the deal! Matt did nothing on his part to negatively affect that deal.

If anything, Matt was very worried about the lack of communication so he was desperately trying to finalize the deal as he had a gut feeling that it was slipping away.

I'm sure that Yannis won't have any trouble continuing to sell around here...cool books are always worth more than ethics and integrity to many buyers meh ...but to anyone with a sense of fair play, please stear well clear.

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. :insane:
'

:(

For the record, Matt was willing to pay WAY before the deadline...only reason he didn't send paypal was because they agreed that in person would be nice.

I know he had a death in the family and I am sorry to hear that. But frankly, it didn't stop him from selling the book anyway. It's not like he had a death, refunded Matt, and just hung onto the book.,...thru all of it, he was willing to make another deal

By the way, not sure if Matt mentioned it, but he just recently had a major death in his life as well.

Matt's a stand up guy and got hosed on this deal. Simple as that.

I have no reason to disagree with you,but what really can you do at this point.I do however feel that he should be put either on the probation list or Hall of shame list,because really is this going to be resolved?

just reading this thread over again is making me sick.

It's Friday night. You need to have a few cocktails. You'll feel better. :foryou:

DRX

Oh I will...but not until I get off of work at 11:30p :(

Must have a rough job that lets you post all day on internet message boards eh?

You guys hiring at all?? :baiting:

I know right! lol She's actually very busy at work. On nights I'm picking her up, I sit at the opposite desk and read comics before we leave. She has two monitors so one of them is for random internet stuff, and the other is for her live chats talking to customers and setting up their services.

She's lucky...even when she has 4 chats going on at once, she's really good at multitasking and using the forums.

For the record, Matt was willing to pay WAY before the deadline...only reason he didn't send paypal was because they agreed that in person would be nice.

I know he had a death in the family and I am sorry to hear that. But frankly, it didn't stop him from selling the book anyway. It's not like he had a death, refunded Matt, and just hung onto the book.,...thru all of it, he was willing to make another deal

By the way, not sure if Matt mentioned it, but he just recently had a major death in his life as well.

I have no reason to disagree with you,but what really can you do at this point.I do however feel that he should be put either on the probation list or Hall of shame list,because really is this going to be resolved?

If Matt dosnt get the tec I vote Hall of Shame. Dirty move by Yannis and Bat-man

Ya it's like beating a dead horse at this point. Nothing we can really do. Probation list is deserved, though I don't think Matt cares either way. He just feels cheated. He tried his best and worked very very hard to make this deal go through. In the end, there was nothing that could be done.

But, there's always another book out there waiting! I love comic books! lol

Some collectors would crash through a group of preschoolers then step on their own mother's throat just to buy a book off of Hitler with the hope of selling it to Satan for a few extra bucks. :insane:

Sig worthy right there. :applause:

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't do sigs

Bill! My brother from another mutha! Hey you want to buy some of my Transocean stock?? I'll make you a great deal. :tonofbricks:

[quote name=rockman2008A deal is a deal 2c [/quote]This goes back to why he sold to bat-man over mt1000. The former paid all in one shot compared to Matt who was planning on dividing time payments into who knows how long (? it's still unclear the time line agreed between mt1000 and yannis).

According to Dan, they were actually going to drive over there, pick the book up in person and finalize the deal on Saturday.

DRX

Which would you prefer? Payment by electronic means that's guaranteed all at once.

Or would you rather wait for some stranger who may or may not show up with his friend at your door step after a four-hour drive? And if they do show up, wouldn't you be concerned about the possibility of being beaten up and robbed? The logistics for setting this up is a pain compared to the ease of a quick electronic payment. No?

This is the biggest load of BS ever. Matt got screwed plain and simple. If he was that concerned he could have insisted on a paypal payment first and met for then met for the pick-up.

I feel bad that Yannis is dealing with his personal situation but he didn't even give Matt the courtesy/opportunity to pay up first.

:mad: this whole thing just reeks of bad business. Probation list or not, you can scratch one buyer off my list of people who I'll deal with.

A pile of BS indeed. How much the book sold for doesn't matter. The grade or perceived grade or whether the book was a good or bad deal doesn't matter. How and when the $$ was gonna be paid doesn't matter. Dealing with a stranger or a friend doesn't matter. The seller experiencing personal problems and possibly needing $$ quicker doesn't matter.

A deal was made, a healthy downpayment made, and then the seller backed out and sold the book elsewhere without even a simple message to the original buyer. It stinks and it also stinks that board members are making excuses for the seller rather than sharpening the pitchforks and firing up the Easy Bake Ovens.

Edited by thehumantorch

FWIW I have done a handful of deals with John (Yannis) and have never had any problems whatsoever. He has always been dependable and seems like a decent dude. That said, this situation is not cool.....BUT I have faith Yannis will in the end do the right thing. Just my 2c

If Matt dosnt get the tec I vote Hall of Shame. Dirty move by Yannis and Bat-man

I still haven't seen anything suggesting that Bat-Man did anything wrong. Did I miss something?

FWIW I have done a handful of deals with John (Yannis) and have never had any problems whatsoever. He has always been dependable and seems like a decent dude. That said, this situation is not cool.....BUT I have faith Yannis will in the end do the right thing. Just my 2c

How? He doesn't have the comic any more...

I still haven't seen anything suggesting that Bat-Man did anything wrong. Did I miss something?

No. We still don't know Bat-Man's involvement in this. His continued silence is curious though. He stopped posting when this mess came to light.

Edited by Jeffro

Exactly what I was thinking..I don't think he WILL do the right thing. It's too late for that. The right thing would of been to tell Bat-Man that the book is sold and you want to honor that deal.

I'm sure a ton of people have had good dealings with him...and will in the future. Doesn't mean a ton for this deal though.

True. If he can't recover it from the buyer maybe he can make it up to the original/screwed buyer some other way? I just can't believe the Yannis I know wouldn't try to do SOMETHING to make amends. Then again I got suckered(almost) by Alleybat....so what the hell do I know??? :tonofbricks:

I met Alleybat in Florida. He introduced himself to me at Megacon.

After he told me who he was I told him to leave.

:mad:

No. We still don't know Bat-Man's involvement in this. His continued silence is curious though. He stopped posting when this mess came to light.

Temperatures around here are pretty high. If I were Bat-Man, I'd be PMing both Yannis and mt, explaining myself and asking if they'd help keep me out of the drama.

Actually, if I were Bat-Man, I'd be flying around in my awesome bat-plane scoping out Catwoman. :cool:

True. If he can't recover it from the buyer maybe he can make it up to the original/screwed buyer some other way? I just can't believe the Yannis I know wouldn't try to do SOMETHING to make amends. Then again I got suckered(almost) by Alleybat....so what the hell do I know??? :tonofbricks:

I remember when it happened, it was horrible.