• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

Females are the best multi-taskers (thumbs u

I'm sorry you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong and I will leave it at that. :whistle:

hm are you a female? I'm guessing not..therefore you may not know how good we are at multi-tasking

Are you a male? I'm guessing not...therefore you may not know how good we are at multi-tasking.

See, it works both ways.

that would be true if I said that men couldn't multi-task....but I didn't so :P

So you are at work right now? And get to surf the boards?? Do you have to do any actual real work?? I want to know where so I can apply there too. :cloud9:

Yes, it is real work lol but like Dan said, I have two computer monitors for my job and when I get a customer, I'm not on here, but then it only takes me about 10-20 minutes to setup someones account and installation

By the way, Bat-man is a really nice guy who loves the hobby. I don't want this thread to smear his rep as I'm sure he's just embarassed and doesn't know what to say. (I find it funny referring to him as BATMAN! lol Not a very creative username! )

Matt has also had PM coversations with him and thinks he's a cool guy.

If he really didn't know he was undercutting someone else, then why doesn't he say so?

Friendly PMs to Matt doesn't explain this behavior.

If he really didn't feel he did anything wrong, then why the need to remove the sig line? Why the silence?

What I don't understand is that both Yannis and Bat-man have had the time to PM board members but have not had the common courtesy to post in the thread with their side of the story.

While I would not hold Bat-man to blame for any of this, his silence on this matter speaks volumes.

It is my sense that believe Bat-Man knew he was undercutting someone else. His behavior has been secretive and guilt-ridden.

If it was ME who inadvertently undercut someone else, I'd be all over this thread in a minute proclaiming that I didn't know, and I'd show the scan up close for everyone to see, confirming I was the "innocent" buyer.

What I wouldn't do is remove the scan and pretend not to know about the thread by not posting.

Think about it. His name is being dragged through the mud. If he bought it without guile, why wouldn't he defend his innocence?

I sense Yannis told him someone else had already put down a down-payment (wouldn't you?), but Bat-Man just convinced Yannis to sell it to him.

Bat-Man is a stand up guy. If he's the sneaky under-cutting bounder that everyone makes him out to be, why would he want to display the controversial Tec 37 in his sig line to get this kind of grief? He really didn't know about other deals made.

Removing the tec is like hiding evidence.

If he didn't do anything wrong, what is he trying to hide?

Yes, I agree 100%

If he wasn't hiding anything, why not come out and say something rather than talking to matt via PM?

hm are you a female? I'm guessing not..therefore you may not know how good we are at multi-tasking

Are you a male? I'm guessing not...therefore you may not know how good we are at multi-tasking.

See, it works both ways.

Ah, but you said females are the best multi-taskers, which intimated that men are inferior to women when it comes to multi-tasking. You then stated that a man cannot know how well a woman multi-tasks because he is not female himself. If a man cannot know how well a woman multi-tasks because he is a man, how can you make a blanket statement that women are the best multi-taskers? You're a female, and by your own statements one gender cannot know how well the other gender multi-tasks, and thereby declare which is superior.

We need to find a post-op transsexual to settle this matter. :D

What I don't understand is that both Yannis and Bat-man have had the time to PM board members but have not had the common courtesy to post in the thread with their side of the story.

While I would not hold Bat-man to blame for any of this, his silence on this matter speaks volumes.

It is my sense that believe Bat-Man knew he was undercutting someone else. His behavior has been secretive and guilt-ridden.

If it was ME who inadvertently undercut someone else, I'd be all over this thread in a minute proclaiming that I didn't know, and I'd show the scan up close for everyone to see, confirming I was the "innocent" buyer.

What I wouldn't do is remove the scan and pretend not to know about the thread by not posting.

Think about it. His name is being dragged through the mud. If he bought it without guile, why wouldn't he defend his innocence?

I sense Yannis told him someone else had already put down a down-payment (wouldn't you?), but Bat-Man just convinced Yannis to sell it to him.

Bat-Man is a stand up guy. If he's the sneaky under-cutting bounder that everyone makes him out to be, why would he want to display the controversial Tec 37 in his sig line to get this kind of grief? He really didn't know about other deals made.

The seller could have easily put this fire out,said to Bat-Man that the book was sold.Now the forest is BLAZIN' doh!

See, it works both ways.

Ah, but you said females are the best multi-taskers, which intimated that men are inferior to women when it comes to multi-tasking. You then stated that a man cannot know how well a woman multi-tasks because he is not female himself. If a man cannot know how well a woman multi-tasks because he is a man, how can you make a blanket statement that women are the best multi-taskers? You're a female, and by your own statements one gender cannot know how well the other gender multi-tasks, and thereby declare which is superior.

We need to find a post-op transsexual to settle this matter. :D

lol then I stand corrected. I should have said that women are better multi-taskers

I think Bat-man now owns 2 tec 37s. He should sell Matt his undercopy and make everyone happy.

I can't stress enough how much Matt wants a pre-robin tec!

That would be awesome but I doubt it would ever happen

Don't you guys have phones to text one another? :baiting:

My SIM card got fried so this is our only way until I can get to the mall to pick up a new SIM...does it bother you that we talk on the boards to eachother? lol

There are PMs also. :baiting:

he never reads mine :(

Give me a paypal addy and I'll send over a quarter so you can talk via public phone until your sim card arrives :thumbsup:

Jim

If he's the sneaky under-cutting bounder that everyone makes him out to be, why would he want to display the controversial Tec 37

Well - bingo?

:( You still don't get it. If X was guilty, why go through the trouble of painting a scarlet letter in X's sigline indicating that X was the other buyer in the first place?

I think Bat-man now owns 2 tec 37s. He should sell Matt his undercopy and make everyone happy.

I can't stress enough how much Matt wants a pre-robin tec!

That would be awesome but I doubt it would ever happen

Don't you guys have phones to text one another? :baiting:

My SIM card got fried so this is our only way until I can get to the mall to pick up a new SIM...does it bother you that we talk on the boards to eachother? lol

There are PMs also. :baiting:

he never reads mine :(

Give me a paypal addy and I'll send over a quarter so you can talk via public phone until your sim card arrives :thumbsup:

Jim

lol thanks! I have a desk phone at work but I dont like putting my head set on lol

Beau; She actually works with a guy who left work for 2 weeks and came back as a girl named Faith! lol Not that there is anything wrong with that...though he has had a major obsessive crush on Kingsley since she reported him for stalking her every night after work. Very weird! lol

If he's the sneaky under-cutting bounder that everyone makes him out to be, why would he want to display the controversial Tec 37

Well - bingo?

:( You still don't get it. If X was guilty, why go through the trouble of painting a scarlet letter in X's sigline indicating that X was the other buyer in the first place?

I do get it.

What you are referring to is that he put it up in the first place.

What I'm referring to is that he took it down.

Well - bingo?

Exactly...because he didn't know about the previous transaction when he made the purchase.

Clearly when he removed the book from his sig, he likely didn't want to draw additional attention to himself but from what I recall a few days ago, he was proud to show off his pre-Robin Tec collection within his sig.

If he knew that there was an agreed transaction with another buyer previously, he wouldn't have displayed that very book with pride for all of us members to see.

Beau; She actually works with a guy who left work for 2 weeks and came back as a girl named Faith! lol Not that there is anything wrong with that...though he has had a major obsessive crush on Kingsley since she reported him for stalking her every night after work. Very weird! lol

Surely the guy was already living as a woman before he became 'Faith'? I thought that was one of the requirements for gender reassignment surgery; not to mention he was surely on hormones for a long time before that. At any rate, the stalking bit is disturbing. If they're roughly the same size, buy her a weapon to carry in case Faith decides to go 'Buffalo Bill' on her.

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again!

Well - bingo?

Exactly...because he didn't know about the previous transaction when he made the purchase.

Clearly when he removed the book from his sig, he likely didn't want to draw additional attention to himself but from what I recall a few days ago, he was proud to show off his pre-Robin Tec collection within his sig.

If he knew that there was an agreed transaction with another buyer previously, he wouldn't have displayed that very book with pride for all of us members to see.

Exactly why I don't blame Bat-Man per se,but why the silence.I certainly would want to come on here and speak my peace if I were being accused of something (shrug)

Well - bingo?

Or maybe he thought the previous buyer wouldn't notice it, and if he did, wouldn't notice it was the same book???

Not saying it's what happened, but just saying what is said above is not the only way it could have happened.

Bruce

Well - bingo?

You have provided a plausible theory. But this isn't fact. It's also plausible he put it in his sig line because he was happy he acquired a grail, and didn't expect Matt (a relatively non-active forum member) to know about his sig line.

Further, why hasn't BatMan used any of the last 24 hours to say he didn't know?

If I was in BatMan's shoes, my first post would go like this:

It was ME who bought the book. Matt, I'm so sorry - I didn't know you already had an agreement to buy it from Yannis. Yannis didn't tell me!

For extra points, he could say:

Matt, I'll return the book to Yannis so that you can buy it off of him. Again, I'm so sorry but I really didn't know.