• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

Or maybe he thought the previous buyer wouldn't notice it, and if he did, wouldn't notice it was the same book???

Exactly.

This explanation is just as plausible as the ones above.

We don't know.

Why doesn't Batman explain?

If he's the sneaky under-cutting bounder that everyone makes him out to be, why would he want to display the controversial Tec 37

Well - bingo?

:( You still don't get it. If X was guilty, why go through the trouble of painting a scarlet letter in X's sigline indicating that X was the other buyer in the first place?

I do get it.

What you are referring to is that he put it up in the first place.

What I'm referring to is that he took it down.

:screwy:

Why he took it down absolutely has nothing to do with what happened between Yannis and Matt.

It's definitely not an admission of guilt on Bat-Man's part.

If he's the sneaky under-cutting bounder that everyone makes him out to be, why would he want to display the controversial Tec 37

Well - bingo?

:( You still don't get it. If X was guilty, why go through the trouble of painting a scarlet letter in X's sigline indicating that X was the other buyer in the first place?

I do get it.

What you are referring to is that he put it up in the first place.

What I'm referring to is that he took it down.

:screwy:

Why he took it down absolutely has nothing to do with what happened between Yannis and Matt.

It's definitely not an admission of guilt on Bat-Man's part.

I never said it was. But I was just pointing out your quote above can be interpreted in two opposing ways.

Personally, for someone to walk out on a deal as Yannis allegedly did, I'm guessing (pure speculation now) it wasn't a money transaction but a trade. Perhaps Batman gave Yannis a grail he was looking for.

Again, just speculation, and I recognize it as such.

Well i dont know what to say everyone knows who it is so i dont have to say that part, I guess i got screwed out of a book. There def no explaination for what he did to me but what can i do? Nothing i guess. Batman got the book, there friends, hes going through some stuff. I did put the deposit first he thought i would not pay (even though i had the money a week before batman hmmmmmmm). If the book wasnt a book i really wanted this thread would not exist but again what can i do.

Why did he say the book was more damaged than he thought?

I believe the book cgc'd a .5 vs the 2.5 he stated, though that might be a diff tec 37 he is talking about (shrug)

It'd be a shame if it was a .5 at one time considering it's been offered here by one seller or another as a 1.8 and a 2.5.

If it was ME who inadvertently undercut someone else, I'd be all over this thread in a minute proclaiming that I didn't know, and I'd show the scan up close for everyone to see, confirming I was the "innocent" buyer.

I'm sorta thinking the same thing. They're only funny books but I take the sense of community here with some seriousness.

Well - bingo?

Exactly...because he didn't know about the previous transaction when he made the purchase.

Clearly when he removed the book from his sig, he likely didn't want to draw additional attention to himself but from what I recall a few days ago, he was proud to show off his pre-Robin Tec collection within his sig.

If he knew that there was an agreed transaction with another buyer previously, he wouldn't have displayed that very book with pride for all of us members to see.

You have provided a plausible theory. But this isn't fact. It's also plausible he put it in his sig line because he was happy he acquired a grail, and didn't expect Matt (a relatively non-active forum member) to know about his sig line.

Further, why hasn't BatMan used any of the last 24 hours to say he didn't know?

If I was in BatMan's shoes, my first post would go like this:

It was ME who bought the book. Matt, I'm so sorry - I didn't know you already had an agreement to buy it from Yannis. Yannis didn't tell me!

From what I understand, that's more or less what Bat-Man has pm'ed to Matt.

Why he doesn't want to speak here, is his business. Some people don't believe in public confessionals. Or maybe he senses this thread is becoming a kangaroo court...? You really ought to be ashamed of yourself for accusations without having all the facts.

Edited by rockman2008

my understanding is that john approached alex (bat-man) and offered the book if alex could paypal right away (because john/yannis) needed the money right then for some medical emergency...

again, I really don't see any valid excuse for john not at least contacting matt first, and I told this to john in a pM.... john screwed up if he wants to repair the damage, he can come here and try to repair, matt got screwed for sure, but for anyone to "assume" anything about alex's silence on the matter is just speaking out their "you know where"... apparently alex has pm'd matt and conversed (right?-maybe dan or surfer can confirm, or maybe they have knowledge of the PM and I would say that only they have the right to make a comment about alex, if they have first hand knowledge)...

but, this witch hunt mentality of "assumptions" , unless you know the facts, is so juvenile and ludicrous, it makes me want to vomit

Well i dont know what to say everyone knows who it is so i dont have to say that part, I guess i got screwed out of a book. There def no explaination for what he did to me but what can i do? Nothing i guess. Batman got the book, there friends, hes going through some stuff. I did put the deposit first he thought i would not pay (even though i had the money a week before batman hmmmmmmm). If the book wasnt a book i really wanted this thread would not exist but again what can i do.

I believe the book cgc'd a .5 vs the 2.5 he stated, though that might be a diff tec 37 he is talking about (shrug)

It'd be a shame if it was a .5 at one time considering it's been offered here by one seller or another as a 1.8 and a 2.5.

I am not 100% certain, but I believe I recall john telling me that in a PM...

If it was ME who inadvertently undercut someone else, I'd be all over this thread in a minute proclaiming that I didn't know, and I'd show the scan up close for everyone to see, confirming I was the "innocent" buyer.

I'm sorta thinking the same thing. They're only funny books but I take the sense of community here with some seriousness.

I say everything I've said so far at an academic level.

I'm not implying Batman has done anything right or wrong. Afterall, he can still come on and clear his name.

I however, am of the position that his actions up to now can be interpreted as suspicious.

Well - bingo?

Exactly...because he didn't know about the previous transaction when he made the purchase.

Clearly when he removed the book from his sig, he likely didn't want to draw additional attention to himself but from what I recall a few days ago, he was proud to show off his pre-Robin Tec collection within his sig.

If he knew that there was an agreed transaction with another buyer previously, he wouldn't have displayed that very book with pride for all of us members to see.

You have provided a plausible theory. But this isn't fact. It's also plausible he put it in his sig line because he was happy he acquired a grail, and didn't expect Matt (a relatively non-active forum member) to know about his sig line.

Further, why hasn't BatMan used any of the last 24 hours to say he didn't know?

If I was in BatMan's shoes, my first post would go like this:

It was ME who bought the book. Matt, I'm so sorry - I didn't know you already had an agreement to buy it from Yannis. Yannis didn't tell me!

From what I understand, that's more or less what Bat-Man has pm'ed to Matt.

Why he doesn't want to speak here, is his business. Some people don't believe in public confessionals. Or maybe he senses this thread is becoming a kangaroo court...? You really ought to be ashamed of yourself for accusations without having all the facts.

looks like you said it better than me, and before me and keep in mind I have NO idea what the composition of the PM from alex to matt is, but supposedly neither does virtually everyone else (thumbs u

If it was the book that I sold to Yannis it wasn't a 0.5 as the book was complete with covers taped (don't know if they were attached by staples or tape as I didn't lift the tape).

I graded it a 1.8 and several board members I talk to about the book agreed with the grade as a fair grade. I've yet to see a complete book with a cover attached fetch a 0.5 grade.

I believe there might be more than one Tec #37 being mixed up as the one in question.

(thumbs u

WOW i just had to read 30 pages lol. I know this is beating a dead horse but 1 more time cause it semms its unclear. I made the payment to yannis we agreed to a month he said fine so did I, within days of the first payment i said hey maybe we can meet up i have the rest of the money or ill paypal you the rest, He said i wont be around this weekend(last weekend) but next weekend will work(meaning this weekend now) i said fine, Monday of this week comes around i ask hey want me to paypal or can we still mett (just checking to make sure once again its cool)-no reponse till WED, then i was told the grade is wrong my moneys refunded to wich i replied hey i want it regardless, with no response again. I never ever wanted to beat him up and if he was worried he should have said paypal will work. So i had the money ready within a week in a half of the 1st convo-to deposit-to full balance

my understanding is that john approached alex (bat-man) and offered the book if alex could paypal right away (because john/yannis) needed the money right then for some medical emergency...

again, I really don't see any valid excuse for john not at least contacting matt first, and I told this to john in a pM.... john screwed up if he wants to repair the damage, he can come here and try to repair, matt got screwed for sure, but for anyone to "assume" anything about alex's silence on the matter is just speaking out their "you know where"... apparently alex has pm'd matt and conversed (right?-maybe dan or surfer can confirm, or maybe they have knowledge of the PM and I would say that only they have the right to make a comment about alex, if they have first hand knowledge)...

but, this witch hunt mentality of "assumptions" , unless you know the facts, is so juvenile and ludicrous, it makes me want to vomit

But i had the money long before alex did and all i said to alex was i know you have the book and told him the story. to his reply was i had no idea he (yannis) was doing this and im sorry thats it

WOW i just had to read 30 pages lol. I know this is beating a dead horse but 1 more time cause it semms its unclear. I made the payment to yannis we agreed to a month he said fine so did I, within days of the first payment i said hey maybe we can meet up i have the rest of the money or ill paypal you the rest, He said i wont be around this weekend(last weekend) but next weekend will work(meaning this weekend now) i said fine, Monday of this week comes around i ask hey want me to paypal or can we still mett (just checking to make sure once again its cool)-no reponse till WED, then i was told the grade is wrong my moneys refunded to wich i replied hey i want it regardless, with no response again. I never ever wanted to beat him up and if he was worried he should have said paypal will work. So i had the money ready within a week in a half of the 1st convo-to deposit-to full balance

matt, no one is questioning you did everything right ...I applaud you for composure, and feel for your loss of the book (it happens to everyone if you are in this hobby long enough)...

what I would like to know (purely for selfish reasons) is what bat-man/alex PM'd you...

several boardies have "thrown" him under the bus, so maybe you can shed some light?

again, I have no clue, I just can't pass any judegement without some facts

This seems pretty easy. Guy got jobbed.

Dan