• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I love it. The blame has now circled around to the victim. doh! You guys really take the cake. :eyeroll:

+1

Isn't this a little like saying the raped woman "was asking for it" ?

I think the point is the buyer or NON buyer in this case needs to do something instead of blowing it off..Hall of Shame perhaps for the seller or NON seller?

I love it. The blame has now circled around to the victim. doh! You guys really take the cake. :eyeroll:

+1

I think the point is the buyer or NON buyer in this case needs to do something instead of blowing it off..Hall of Shame perhaps for the seller or NON seller?

He's pissed about it. Though this isn't the most important thing in life. From our conversation last night, the probation list isn't out of the question. He certainly deserves it. I think this thread is embarassing enough but either way, it's not going to fix anything.

Blowing it off would of been to stomp his feet and move on. This thread obviously shows that he wasn't blowing it off.

Edited by TheDanimal

+1

I understand this point of view. I think the problem here is if Yannis were put on the list, there isn't a way for him to make good and be removed from the list. I believe people on the list can get removed by rectifying their situation, but how would this situation be rectified?

Don't get me wrong; Yannis is absolutely at fault. I just don't know what the answer is here?

I'm going to throw this out- maybe some small monetary compensation to the victim for all of his wasted time?

I think we all want to know what Yannis reason was for lying to Matt about the grade being wrong on the book and why Yannis did not answer Matt's PM's and Why Yannis did not give Matt a chance to pay early if he needed $$ so bad.

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non seller needs to be on the hall of shame or probation, end of story. There was a deal, he sold the book out from under Matt and he can't make the deal happen.

My read (and personal feeling) is that folks are getting bent on the fact that the issue was raised, the board had Matt's back (by demanding that the seller address the issue), and now there is a perception that the seller is not paying for his actions.

There is something Matt can do on this one. Go to the probation thread and ask for inclusion on the list that he feels best suits his situation for the good of the community that stood beside him. (thumbs u

Transaction gone bad, check. Buyer got screwed, check. Seller acted on poor judgment, check. Two guys that are still probably decent people, check. Equivalent to rape? Hell no, we’re only talking funny books. Can we put the guns on the table please? doh!

+1

He's pissed about it. Though this isn't the most important thing in life. From our conversation last night, the probation list isn't out of the question. He certainly deserves it. I think this thread is embarassing enough but either way, it's not going to fix anything.

Blowing it off would of been to stomp his feet and move on. This thread obviously shows that he wasn't blowing it off.

Your friend has done all that he needs to do. This has been handled in the correct way since Yannis has been outed as a deal breaker and the truth was told from the beginning by your friend. If he is satified with the end result, other than getting the book, then this story is closed for his part. Should he nominate/place him on the Probation thread? Probably, and most of us would agree with it.

Personally, I will not deal with Yannis in the future due to this transaction. One for breaking the deal, secondly for not communicating with mt1000 in a timely manner (or until forced to by this thread) and thirdly, for leaving Bat Man out to hang while he was silent in this thread. Yannis can blame the other posters for wrongly accusing Bat Man, but he was the one that left him out there without any explanation until much later. Crummy way to do customers if you ask me.

This seller is 100% wrong. Why there's any question here about this is perplexing and, frankly, why there's any discussion at all that he may not be says alot about either how gullible you all are or naive about what's right and wrong in a transaction. Once money was exchanged the transaction was sealed unless the person couldn't pay the balance under the agreed upon timeframe. The excuses, while tragic in some respects, of not following through doesn't alleviate the seller from his responsibility...

Jim

I think we all want to know what Yannis reason was for lying to Matt about the grade being wrong on the book and why Yannis did not answer Matt's PM's and Why Yannis did not give Matt a chance to pay early if he needed $$ so bad.

Who says he really did give an explanation? He says he did..but that doesn't mean he did.

my understanding is that yannis sold the book as a 2.5, but it cgc'd a .5 (again, I could be wrong, just trying to let the "community" know what I have heard)...

my understanding is that yannis did not answer Matt's PM's because he was dealing with a personal tragedy ...I guess I can understand that, if that is indeed the reason as stated

my understanding is that yannis screwed up "assuming" that because matt had asked for a month, that he couldn't pay early, when indeed we now know matt could... but I don't believe yannis ever contacted matt about it, and thus, he f-d the deal up and has no recourse at this point, since he did sell the figure out from under matt...

that is my understanding, but it could be wrong (shrug)

+1

I understand this point of view. I think the problem here is if Yannis were put on the list, there isn't a way for him to make good and be removed from the list. I believe people on the list can get removed by rectifying their situation, but how would this situation be rectified?

Don't get me wrong; Yannis is absolutely at fault. I just don't know what the answer is here?

I'm going to throw this out- maybe some small monetary compensation to the victim for all of his wasted time?

So he shouldn't be put on the list because of his limited possibilities of removal? Hmmm. That really doesn't make sense. His removal from the list is to work out an arrangement with the buyer. Why should this seller be treated any different? Oh is because he has nice books.

At the very least the seller should have given the original buyer the opportunity to pay for the book ahead of time. Why not go back to the original buyer and say listen I need funds ASAP can you swing it else I have a back up buyer. I am sorry.

Equivalent to rape? Hell no, we’re only talking funny books. Can we put the guns on the table please? doh!

Didn't mean it was equivalent to, maybe I should have chosen the word "attacked". It was an analogy.

Anyway, carry on !

Edited by CatskillMike

So he shouldn't be put on the list because of his limited possibilities of removal? Hmmm. That really doesn't make sense. His removal from the list is to work out an arrangement with the buyer. Why should this seller be treated any different? Oh is because he has nice books.

At the very least the seller should have given the original buyer the opportunity to pay for the book ahead of time. Why not go back to the original buyer and say listen I need funds ASAP can you swing it else I have a back up buyer. I am sorry.

Oh no, I agree he should be put on the list. But some avenue for recourse should be available, imo. Maybe put him in the Hall of Shame section instead of probation? I don't know.

+1

:o :o

Whaata heol did I just walk into!!!!!! ???? !!!!

:o

Hall of shame seems the appropriate place .

I really wish I knew someone with this book. I would move heaven and earth to get one for the original seller to make them whole again. Couldnt you be after a Nova #1 , Spawn #1 or Dazzler #1 as I think I can find a few of those for a good price.