• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ongoing storylines you cared NOTHING about

77 posts in this topic

Just curious, what ongoing storylines could you have cared less about, even if it was part of your favorite title(s)?

For me, it was the Kree-Skrull War. I liked the Skrulls when they were battling the FF, but the K-S War, I could care less what started it, how it was going, when/how it ended - nothing.

What are yours?

Just curious, what ongoing storylines could you have cared less about, even if it was part of your favorite title(s)?

For me, it was the Kree-Skrull War. I liked the Skrulls when they were battling the FF, but the K-S War, I could care less what started it, how it was going, when/how it ended - nothing.

What are yours?

Secret Wars II mad.gif Just plain horrible! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Azzarello's current Batman arc, LOEG, Watchmen (when it first came out), Atlantis Attacks, Ages of Apocalypse, Maximum Security, Earth X, Universe X, Paradise X, DC's Millenium, Crisis, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Black Panther, the Crew, ...the list goes on

Really?!! I couldn't wait for the next issue!

Nothing beats a good mystery, and having superheroes in a real "gritty" world setting was the most appealing factor. And stretching it out by having "character" stories in the even-numbered issues made it even more deliciously unbearable. 893frustrated.gif

But I understand where you're coming from Supa & Darth; I had to read Dark Knight Returns #1 twice before the full effect started to sink in. makepoint.gif

Rick

I was about to add the Clone Saga myself.

Have another good (bad) one, the West Coast Avengers. One of their first arcs, ten issues or so, was a storyline taking them back in time where they fought old western superheroes.You gotta have some walnuts to publish that kinda stuff for ten months.

And to add to Darth's title list might as well throw Thor in there too.

CRC

What are yours?

Let's add SW 1 to that list as well. thumbsup2.gif

I actually like the first Secret Wars series. I remember looking forward to the next issue, and I still remember some of the covers (especially the one where everyone is fighting Galactus and the one where the Hulk is holding up that mountain of rock - "...and he's not happy!"). At the time, I thought it was really well done.

That's just me, though. It's all a preference thing.

What are yours?

HATER!!!

mad.gif

What are yours?

HATER!!!

mad.gif

sorry.gif

JLA/Avengers. It's nothing more than a better drawn rehash of the "Contest of Champions" series Marvel put out in 1982. Almost the exact same story idea. It isn't an "ongoing storyline," but it deserves mention for being pure [!@#%^&^]. (Insert barfing graemlin here)

What are yours?