• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first comic cover debuts tomorrow for FCBD!

83 posts in this topic

Christian

That's awesome! Congratulations!

What's the medium on the cover? Gouache? Acrylic? It's really sharp man.

I did this one in Watercolor and Ink. Lots of fun!

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, that USA Today article is really something! It's an exciting day for comic shops. Last year I drew for like 5 hours straight! Looking forward to this year's turnout. :headbang:

I've done covers in the past for books and my graphic novel series, Korgi, but this is technically my first cover for an actual flimsy comic book. I also did something for the back cover ad and I have an 8 page new Korgi story called "Sprout Pigs Out!" on the inside! It will be released tomorrow from Top Shelf.

To help celebrate the day, I'm doing a signing and free drawings at two shops in Central Florida tomorrow. From 9-12 I'll be at Heroes Landing in Clermont and then from 1-5pm over at the great ACME Comics in Longwood. Stop by and say hi!

Hope everyone and all the shops out there have a great Free Comic Book Day 2010!

-Christian Slade

My LCS gave me a sneak peek the other day and the Owly book looks great. I am hoping he has a copy left for me.