• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 3 July 20,2012

55 posts in this topic

With the big Black Mask reveal in the comics recently, I don't think it would be far fetched to have Black Mask, Scarecrow, & Riddler combination.

I know I read somewhere the original intent was to have Heath come back for the third movie as The Joker for a smaller part. Obviously that's out.

You guys wanting the Chinese guy from The Dark Knight to be in league with Ra's should go back and watch the scene where The Joker torches the money. That guy on the top of the pile with his hands tied behind his back. That's Mr. Lao and Mr. Lao won't be showing up for the third movie. I understand how you might have missed that part if you weren't paying attention as his death was a bit low key in the movie, but unless some dude showed up off-screen and encased him in a giant black iron lung armor then he won't be back. Darth Lao..."I am your father!"

You guys wanting the Chinese guy from The Dark Knight to be in league with Ra's should go back and watch the scene where The Joker torches the money. That guy on the top of the pile with his hands tied behind his back. That's Mr. Lao and Mr. Lao won't be showing up for the third movie. I understand how you might have missed that part if you weren't paying attention as his death was a bit low key in the movie, but unless some dude showed up off-screen and encased him in a giant black iron lung armor then he won't be back. Darth Lao..."I am your father!"
:applause: , I was waiting for someone to remember his "death".

I remember that scene vividly, and I remember thinking that if Lao was still up there when the money went up in flames--which we couldn't see as far as I could tell--why didn't we hear him screaming as he burned alive? Lacking any indication that he actually was up there, I couldn't conclude he actually did die...just seemed like something Nolan overlooked that probably wasn't that important to begin with. (shrug)

I remember that scene vividly, and I remember thinking that if Lao was still up there when the money went up in flames--which we couldn't see as far as I could tell--why didn't we hear him screaming as he burned alive? Lacking any indication that he actually was up there, I couldn't conclude he actually did die...just seemed like something Nolan overlooked that probably wasn't that important to begin with. (shrug)

From what I read on the Batman on Film website, the scene as shot was much more graphic, and Lao's screams were recorded. But they had to trim the scene so they could get a PG-13 rating.

From what I read on the Batman on Film website, the scene as shot was much more graphic, and Lao's screams were recorded. But they had to trim the scene so they could get a PG-13 rating.

Whoa, that makes sense. So why didn't that make it onto a deleted scenes section on the DVD? rantrant

Whoa, that makes sense. So why didn't that make it onto a deleted scenes ection on the DVD? rantrant

Nolan doesn't like deleted scenes for some reason. (shrug)

Alright, the lip biting has to be planned. She's doing it in two shots now?!? I'm not complaining mind you.

Definitely it's planned in that she's voguing, striking a pose for the camera.

With the big Black Mask reveal in the comics recently, I don't think it would be far fetched to have Black Mask, Scarecrow, & Riddler combination.

I know I read somewhere the original intent was to have Heath come back for the third movie as The Joker for a smaller part. Obviously that's out.

True enough. I totally forgot about that.

Since we did not see Ra's actually die he is a character that can be brought back easily, I guess.

The thing is, if you want to do a long run on movies you need to have some villains survive. Just killing them off as you are done each film means a shorter shelf life for the franchise. Mind you, maybe that is Nolan's plan as well - do a few films with the cool villains then let someone else come to play.