• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have dinner with only one Super hero, who would it be and why

57 posts in this topic

Didn't mean to kill this thread, I just thought it'd be an interesting interview...

Me: So is it difficult being the first openly gay character in the Marvel Universe?

Northstar: Well, no thanks to Jim Shooter, it should've been a lot sooner...but, yeah, I don't really get a lot of use in the comics...

Me: You don't think it has anything to do with your less than unique abilitites...?

Northstar: Look how much mileage they got out of that lame Power Man...

Me: Point. Do you think Marvel is somewhat hypocritical in publishing the adventures of these discriminated against mutants, without adding more actual types of characters who face real discrimination?

Northstar: Well it took them 20 years just to introduce an African-American female mutant and another 10 years before they created an African-American male mutant character. So the acceptance of what's different than 'traditional', ha, ha, is to be expected. The acceptance of homosexuality is a far trickier path for a mainstream publisher.

Me: What would it take?

Northstar: For one thing, it'd take a great writer; one who wouldn't have to rely on common stereotypes to make the character viable and interesting.

Me: Alan Moore? Neil Gaiman?

Northstar: ....

Me: What? Neil Gaiman?

Northstar: You're not.... you're not making a joke.. on his name...

Me: No. NO! Neil's a great writer!

Northstar: Okay, okay. Sorry... it's just... you know the way people are...

Me: I understand. Hey, what do you think about a bunch of fanboy's sitting around on their computers talking about having imaginary dinner with imaginary female superheroes and then having imaginary sex with them?

Northstar: Sound's like a latent homosexuality thing to me...

:roflmao:

Didn't mean to kill this thread, I just thought it'd be an interesting interview...

Me: So is it difficult being the first openly gay character in the Marvel Universe?

Northstar: Well, no thanks to Jim Shooter, it should've been a lot sooner...but, yeah, I don't really get a lot of use in the comics...

Me: You don't think it has anything to do with your less than unique abilitites...?

Me: Point. Do you think Marvel is somewhat hypocritical in publishing the adventures of these discriminated against mutants, without adding more actual types of characters who face real discrimination?

Northstar: Well it took them 20 years just to introduce an African-American female mutant and another 10 years before they created an African-American male mutant character. So the acceptance of what's different than 'traditional', ha, ha, is to be expected. The acceptance of homosexuality is a far trickier path for a mainstream publisher.

Northstar: For one thing, it'd take a great writer; one who wouldn't have to rely on common stereotypes to make the character viable and interesting.

Me: I understand. Hey, what do you think about a bunch of fanboy's sitting around on their computers talking about having imaginary dinner with imaginary female superheroes and then having imaginary sex with them?

I'm not sure about all your hypotheses, but someone posted this in another thread the other night, and it seems quite apropos here....,

real life is so messy, you know?

The Hulk. It's all about the service.

Most of us are expecting to take the date home with us after dinner. I thought that was a forgone conclusion. Are you sure you want to select the Hulk still? It would make a much more pleasurable night cuddling up with Catwoman as she purrs at you as opposed to Hulk repeatedly yelling "Hulk Smash!" while doing gods knows what else.

Sorry, but I didn't get that at all.

What about the people that pay thousands to have dinner with Warren Buffett? Unlikely for sex.

For me, maybe Batman. I'm sure he'd have some great detective stories to talk about. (thumbs u

Andy

:screwy: