• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 7,10,13,15,17 & Detective Comics 29,31,33,35,36,37

651 posts in this topic

Action Comics 1 and Detective Comics 27 are now out of reach for most collectors. Collectors are looking for more affordable alternative: Action Comics 7,10,13,15,17 & Detective Comics 29,31,33,35,36,37. I call these the poor man's Actions and Tecs. Currently, collectors are paying 2x to 6x guides and also going for restored copies to get a piece of these Americana. What the future will be for these comics will be anybody's guess. Nonetheless, these are the most sought after and liquid comics right now.

dang Showcase, could you wait til I have a few more of these books before hyping them even more in a thread. lol

seriously, I agree with you as do alot of collectors, especially for Actions under #20 and Pre-Robin Tecs.

I only have a MP restored #10 and a blue label #20, and would love to have MORE in any condition. I feel they are great books.

Pretty sure this is the same thing collectors were saying 18 years ago when the first $100K sale happened.

Quite true. In 2003 I was thinking of purchasing and Action 1, but decided to go after an Action 7 3.5. When I decided to purchase the 7, it was gone. doh!

Action Comics 1 and Detective Comics 27 are now out of reach for most collectors. Collectors are looking for more affordable alternative: Action Comics 7,10,13,15,17 & Detective Comics 29,31,33,35,36,37. I call these the poor man's Actions and Tecs. Currently, collectors are paying 2x to 6x guides and also going for restored copies to get a piece of these Americana. What the future will be for these comics will be anybody's guess. Nonetheless, these are the most sought after and liquid comics right now.

And further more from this. It seems that Tec 29 & 31 and Action 7 & 10 are slowly following suit and will be completely un-affordable to most collectors soon.

restored copies are the way to go (thumbs u

hm

Once I acquire a 35 which I am going to get with no resto - the next book I might be hunting for is a 29, surely might have to consider a resto on that one.

restored copies are the way to go (thumbs u

I don't own any graded restored books and I'm considering that now. (thumbs u

Me either - I've been to picky - but now it's down to brass tax and I think resto is an option. hm