• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 7,10,13,15,17 & Detective Comics 29,31,33,35,36,37

651 posts in this topic

Here is how I rank the Tec 27-37 bat cover:

1) Tec 31

2) Tec 29

3) Tec 35

4) Tec 27

5) Tec 33

6) Tec 37

7) Tec 36

my Pre Robin cover ranking:

31, 29, 35, 33, 27, 37, 36

my Pre Robin story ranking (Bat covers only):

29, 35, 31, 37, 27, 36, 33 (not including Origin).

Here is my rank for Action Supe covers.

1)Action 13

2)Action 1

3)Action 10

4)Action 7

5)Action 15

Agreed!

my preference would be:

1. Action 1

2. Action 7

3. Action 10

4. Action 13

5. Action 19/20

Here is my rank for Action Supe covers.

1)Action 13

2)Action 1

3)Action 10

4)Action 7

5/Action 17

6)Action 15

#19 isn't too shabby either! To be honest, I like #17 and #19 equally. (thumbs u

Action17CGC55001.jpg

action19CGC50001.jpg

Mike those are both great books. :)

Action Comics 1 and Detective Comics 27 are now out of reach for most collectors.

They've always been out of reach for most collectors. Your statement implies that at some previous point in time they were affordable. They never were, except in hindsight. Even when Action 1 was selling for $6,000, that was a jaw dropping amount for a comic at the time. At any given moment in time, they are always priced at the apex of the hobby and deemed unaffordable by the vast majority of collectors.

The moral of the story is stop wishing and hoping that the price will go down, because it ain't going to happen. If you really want a copy, just man up and do whatever you have to do to raise the funds to buy one now, because if history is any guide, that will be the cheapest you will ever be able to buy it.

Action Comics 1 and Detective Comics 27 are now out of reach for most collectors.

They've always been out of reach for most collectors. Your statement implies that at some previous point in time they were affordable. They never were, except in hindsight. Even when Action 1 was selling for $6,000, that was a jaw dropping amount for a comic at the time. At any given moment in time, they are always priced at the apex of the hobby.

The moral of the story is stop wishing and hoping that the price will go down, because it ain't going to happen. If you really want a copy, just man up and do whatever you have to do to raise the funds to buy one now, because if history is any guide, that will be the cheapest you will ever be able to buy it.

I don't think prices will drop big anytime soon. If prices ever pull back, it will be a buying opportunity. The price trend for this book for the last almost 40 years, has nothing but a straight line up. I had the money to buy it in 2003, but just didn't buy it. doh!

A bit late but here it goes...

Here is how I rank the Tec 27-37 Batman covers:

1) Tec 31

2) Tec 29

3) Tec 27

4) Tec 33

5) Tec 35

6) Tec 36

7) Tec 37

Here is how I rank the early Action Superman covers:

1) Action 1

2) Action 7

3) Action 13

4) Action 10

5/ Action 17

6) Action 15

Of course if you gave me a few more minutes to think about it, I'd probably change my mind somewhere.

we should sticky 8 or 10 of these threads to the top of the forum so that we can cut down on the sheer volume of threads discussing this tiny subsection of the GA hobby. It may come as a shock to some, but there many books as cool or cooler than this group to discuss, collect, and *gasp* even enjoy!

we should sticky 8 or 10 of these threads to the top of the forum so that we can cut down on the sheer volume of threads discussing this tiny subsection of the GA hobby. It may come as a shock to some, but there many books as cool or cooler than this group to discuss, collect, and *gasp* even enjoy!

we need a Batman #1 thread :banana:

We need a search function.

:cool:

I know we have one already, I was just making a statement about Bill's favorite book.

I know we have one already, I was just making a statement about Bill's favorite book.

I know. I'm just being a bit of a smart arse on a Monday morning.