• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored A-Man 22 sells for $2k+ on eBay

34 posts in this topic

I saw this book and was following it, wish I could afford to upgrade my poor copy with only half the front cover :grin:

I think whoever bought the book will be a bit disappointed with the grade. There is the reinforcement, what damage is that for? The 1/2" spine split, tape residue at the top back cover by the spine?, 1-2" tear right front cover, tear top front cover, and is the top staple popped? something funky going on there. Thats what I can see and describe from the scan and I am not good at spotting stuff from scans like a lot of boardies are. All that and its a 6.5, don't think so. But it is a very nice presenting copy with great colors.

Bruce

this copy is like MMC 46 or Capt46 etc... even mid grade restored sell for 5x+ unrestored "guide"...they so infrequently come up for sale, that really no price should be suprising

That price sounds a little high to me.

I bought my copy (missing back cover) for a small fraction of that.

I'm betting the buyer either trusted the grading (I myself thought it was overgraded a bit) or missed the part about the resto.

Anyhow, I forgot to bid....would have been nice to have a complete copy.

Thank you Billy Parker!!! :acclaim:

Yeah...you can say that again!!!!! :headbang:

I was thinking of getting Billy a few Zips he needed ( he would have done it) and just trade for that book...but...I didn't and now..... :cry:

That price sounds a little high to me.

I bought my copy (missing back cover) for a small fraction of that.

I'm betting the buyer either trusted the grading (I myself thought it was overgraded a bit) or missed the part about the resto.

Anyhow, I forgot to bid....would have been nice to have a complete copy.

I agree. What I think happens with books like this is, they are so hard to find that buyers bid more then they should. Even though you are worried about the book being a bit lower then mentioned it presents well so they just bid it up because it might be years before they find another one for sale. I bet if this book was in a CGC holder it would have sold for less, PLOD 5.0 ish?

What scares me is he tells you what is not wrong with the comic, lists the restoration and that is it. For a book that pricy I would like the defects listed, sure I can see a lot, but what can't I see? I know I have been burned a few times from ebay. Thankfully they have been few and far between.

Bruce

that price is really not high at all

a 4.0 plod (mod) sold for $2500 a few years ago, to a boardie...now it has since recirculated to billy parker and then to fuelman much cheaper, but there are folks willing to pay strong for it

before I "knew" about the book (it was just a number I needed to fill a run back then), I think sharon got me a copy for like $200 (don't even remember any more)...

I traded that copy and $3000 to get the cosmic aeroplane 3.5 copy!

and I bought a 4.0 cgc for $3000+ too...

so, outside of some "luck", folks typically pay REAL strong for it

Thank you Billy Parker!!! :acclaim:

you're welcome pal. and thanks for closing my planet fun out of gratitude. you da' man!

Fuelman, do you have my old copy now? The PLOD with nice white pages?

I'm not shocked at the price of the ebay copy either... a lower grade but good eye appeal copy sold on ebay about four years ago for $1800, so this is in line. However, I do agree with Bruce and others that it was over graded...

Its one of the best GA covers IMO... not great interior, but the cover is worth the price of admission...

Might as post my copy, which passed through Gator's and October's hands before it landed in mine... the CA copy... I LOVE this cover! :cloud9:

amazingman222-2.jpg

Beautiful copy, Ryan! :applause: Absolutely one of my favorite covers as well.

Here is my CGC 4.0 which is the 'other' Gator pedigree copy :grin:

3985551645_e4e51e2b69_o.jpg

GE

You have ridiculously awesome comics GE... great copy! You got the better PQ Gator copy... although mine is closer to OW, CGC lists pages as cream to OW.

NICE BOOK!!! :applause: Lets see some other AMAN 22's kiddies... :shy:

I may have this copy, which has slight resto. I say "may" because some of the books that were stolen from my home have been recovered and are in evidence lock-up. I think this one is in that batch. Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic about recovering the high end books. Long story and I'll share it later once the whole sad saga plays out.

amazingman22.jpg

I thought this book was rare? Looks like every other boardie owns a copy.

At this point, it's nearly as common as Jumbo 9.

You've probably seen half the books in existence in this thread.

:makepoint:

I thought this book was rare? Looks like every other boardie owns a copy.

At this point, it's nearly as common as Jumbo 9.

You've probably seen half the books in existence in this thread.

:makepoint:

I always wonder how rare a book is... jb and win haven't posted theirs... 4 went through my hands in a matter of a month a year + ago...

I know someone that has 2 copies right now, and then all the ones on the board...

I think it is not "scarce" just scarely sold (thumbs u