• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saga of the Action 13 from Ebay...

113 posts in this topic

Well, as most folks know, many of us saw that wonderfully priced, stated unrestored Fn copy of action 13 on ebay earlier this week...

well, as it turns out, I just spoke to a friend that actually was the one that hit the BIN!

and here is where the saga begins (copying from an email he sent me):

I recently purchased a Action Comics #13 from "Actioncomicnyc" on Ebay .

In a conversation after the sale with the seller by telephone ( Stephen Passerilli ) he mentioned offers coming out of the wood work of near double what I was paying. Last night I paid him $6255.00 using instant payment

through Pay/Pal only to receive a call this morning stating "his place was robbed last night" ( "Tuesday night/Wednesday am " ) .

He initially stated that the police were there till 4:00 am , I then asked for a police report and he said he didn't have to give me one.

Things went down hill from there, I said to him "without a police report this simply not believable" . He then tried rationalize what if he just "changed his mind ect...." ? I asked him if he wanted to start over and pretend the initial conversation never took place, he declined with more "knock yourself out" type of statements.

so, from what I gather, the ebay seller got a lot of inquiries about the book, folks offering to pay much more, etc, and now the book that was won and paid for by a boardie, has conveniently gone "stolen" (believable? )

so, keep your eyes and ears peeled, as there appears to be some funny business going on

(next on judge wopner, the case of "funny business with the funny book" )

What a total and utter crock of BS. He said he got robbed, then actually had the stupidity nerve to change that into what if he changed his mind?

Should be listed in the Dictionary under "Sellers Remorse"

You got scans of the book Rick?

I have to say that I saw that coming after the long winded discussion in the WTB forum went on and on about how much money the guy left on the table....yadda yadda yadda.

Those comments in the WTB and the posted link to the BIN auction probably didn't help.

It happens all the time.

Personally, if I were to make a purchase that I think is a good deal I'd keep my yap shut and consummate it as soon as possible to prevent something douchy from happening.

Oh, and the seller is a P(iece) O(f) S(***) for backing out of the deal due to peer pressure.

I hate to say it, and you guys can tear me a new one, but I'll be honest here. If I'm the seller of that Action 13, I would no way go through with the $6250 sale and leave $10k or more on the table once I knew the real value.

I would have been honest to the guy who hit the BIN, though, and just told him that I made a mistake when I set the BIN that low, and offered it to him at whatever the new price was going to be.

Almost as bad as the seller, is an individual that was offering to buy a book that has already been sold. I know that people are really looking for certain books, but you don't try to outbid some poor guy that hit the BIN :(

I hate to say it, and you guys can tear me a new one, but I'll be honest here. If I'm the seller of that Action 13, I would no way go through with the $6250 sale and leave $10k or more on the table once I knew the real value.

I would have been honest to the guy who hit the BIN, though, and just told him that I made a mistake when I set the BIN that low, and offered it to him at whatever the new price was going to be.

The irony here is the guy should really know his :censored:

His name is ActionComicsNYC, and allegedly an Overstreet/Gerber contributor etc etc

It's not like it's some JoeSchmoe who didn't know what he had.

If alls well that ends well, it's a Frankenbook and the DBag that went to great lengths to secure said book get's left holding the proverbial "bag"

Jim

I'll disagree.

If it was an honest mistake where he typed in the wrong number or something like that, then I'd be inclined to side with the seller. I don't think that's what happened though.

If he put what he thought was a fair price on it and somebody bought it, as much as it hurts, he should go through with the deal. The only way to back out of a deal like this is if the buyer lets him off the hook either out of the goodness of their heart of if they for some other reason cannot finish the deal.

There really is no other excuse, as much as it hurts...and believe me I know how it can hurt. Everyone leaves money on the table at some point.

His name is ActionComicsNYC, and allegedly an Overstreet contributor etc

Having read the Overstreet guide the last 10 years, it all makes perfect sense to me. :)

His name is ActionComicsNYC, and allegedly an Overstreet contributor etc

Having read the Overstreet guide the last 10 years, it all makes perfect sense to me. :)

True. lol