• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOS! Children of the 70's & 80's - Help Identify these please!

42 posts in this topic

Good luck, Matt! I have a similar quest for a Tell-A-Tale book from my youth. Would love to see the cover of it again!

Do you have any details on that book? Maybe I could help (shrug)

It has colorful round weird faces on the cover- I'm thinking they were balloon faces, but not too sure. Pretty sure it's from the early to mid 1960's.

Sounds vaguely familiar, I used to have a lot of Whitman books from the 50's & 60's, let me chew on it awhile & see what I turn up.

I believe the other one is actually Bailey City Monsters. It was a series of books which includes different activities games etc. They were still doing them up until the 90's. I will see what I can dig up.

I believe the other one is actually Bailey City Monsters. It was a series of books which includes different activities games etc. They were still doing them up until the 90's. I will see what I can dig up.

I checked out the Bailey City books, this is different. It was more like a fact book, almost like a Golden Science guide, but for monsters.

This is pretty cool, because while looking for your book, I came across one of the oldest books I can remember owning.

8ceec060ada0756acef88110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And a cool record I had.. check out the title!

sounds_to_make_you_shiver_cover.jpg

Speaking of which... hmmm... Did I find your 2nd egg?

Monsters.jpg

Daniel Cohen, Donald F. Glut author(s)

Do a search for Daniel Cohen on this blog

http://sanctumdorktorum.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

nice little writeup

oh mess! There it is! I knew in my heart it was a golden book, but it never came up as one! Holy Smokes!!! (worship)

Your illustration obviously helped quite a bit; (I was thrown off thinking it was a mag at 1st). (thumbs u

Once I get started on a quest, it's pretty hard to stop. I was a bit envious that Dice found the 1st so quickly.

I just got a chance to do something besides work, and I'm too late.

Nice work finding the other one. :applause:

I just confirmed it with an image of the cover found on ebay

Pretty close to my memory

Matthew, you are never going to believe this, but when I saw your request for help, the first thing that came to my mind was an old ghost book that I bought at a school book fair when I was a kid. I remembered a ghost on the cover and that I loved the stories. When I saw the cover you have posted, I was floored. I cannot believe that we were both thinking of the same book. Your quest has made me want to look for a copy too! Man, what a rush of memories reading those stories will bring back. Thank you for posting this as it has brought back a very happy memory from my childhood too. Thanks to Dice too!

Awesome! Glad it helped you too. Amazon still has many used copies for sale. I got one for .75 cents this afternoon! I remember it being so scary, that some of my friends couldn't read it, and we would read parts of it out loud to frighten them!

Now to find a copy of "The Thing At The Foot Of The Bed".... :cloud9:

many copies for sale, but I want to see a scan to verify the proper version

97814.jpg.5352141f1740c12242c1de43983f2488.jpg

Wasn't there a story about a crying child and something about the bones being found inside the walls of a home? I seem to remember the child's spirit wanting to be discovered. Does that story from the book ring a bell with you?