• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Those of you with HUGE gif files slowing everyone down please read...

53 posts in this topic

This isn't just aimed at Gator (really Gator, it's not) but for all of you with these huge .gifs in your sigs now.

I know, I know... I could just turn off the sigs but the polite thing to do would be to limit the size of your animated .gif so you're not bogging down the threads!

Otherwise I'd be happy to include the one below in my sig for a few days (that I'm sure isn't even close to being finished loading as you read this)

Plus, I'll be happy to post a few of these ;)(tsk)hm:applause::kidaround: in EVERY thread to be sure that everyone sees the marvelous HUGE .gif I found.

Finished loading yet? Might be about half-way there by the time you've gotten this far even on a fast connection.

I can't be the only one who believes that some of the sigs here are getting out of hand.

I seem to recall having a larger version of this one " 984-i182.photobucket.com-albums-x132-kippynips-MONTAGE20BUFFY.gif at one point and you guys gave me all kinds of hell about it because it was loading to slow!

Needless to say enjoy the one below as I'm sure it's not finished loading yet. It might be finished around lunch time.

Rotating_earth_(huge).gif

This isn't just aimed at Gator (really Gator, it's not) but for all of you with these huge .gifs in your sigs now.

I know, I know... I could just turn off the sigs but the polite thing to do would be to limit the size of your animated .gif so you're not bogging down the threads!

Otherwise I'd be happy to include the one below in my sig for a few days (that I'm sure isn't even close to being finished loading as you read this)

Plus, I'll be happy to post a few of these ;)(tsk)hm:applause::kidaround: in EVERY thread to be sure that everyone sees the marvelous HUGE .gif I found.

Finished loading yet? Might be about half-way there by the time you've gotten this far even on a fast connection.

I can't be the only one who believes that some of the sigs here are getting out of hand.

I seem to recall having a larger version of this one " 984-i182.photobucket.com-albums-x132-kippynips-MONTAGE20BUFFY.gif at one point and you guys gave me all kinds of hell about it because it was loading to slow!

Needless to say enjoy the one below as I'm sure it's not finished loading yet. It might be finished around lunch time.

zzz

zzz

You guys on dialup or something? I don't understand?

zzz

You guys on dialup or something? I don't understand?

modem.gif

my Gif is small.....

:sorry:

I took some pills to make it bigger, but alas, nothing. It did run for 4 hours straight, however.

If you experience a stiff .gif for more than 4 hours, call your IT guy.

my Gif is small.....

:sorry:

I took some pills to make it bigger, but alas, nothing. It did run for 4 hours straight, however.

If you experience a stiff .gif for more than 4 hours, call your IT guy.

:roflmao:

I can't find Waldo. Am I doing it wrong?

(shrug)

wait for the globe to come around again, you'll see him.

I thin Flee should shop in an avatar from every place on the map that a boardie is from...

Been here for years and just figured out how to turn everyones sig off. I love it. :cloud9:

I can't stand all that bandwidth hogging thats below everyones posts. :pullhair:

Congratulations on the most annoyingly pedantic post in the history of online bulletin boards. You should be proud.

If he's using one of these to connect to the interwebs...

Contact_RotaryPhone.117114926_std.jpg

He's Doing It Wrong!!!