• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware monsterscollectibles on Ebay.

18 posts in this topic

Just a heads up for anyone buying from Ken Danker, aka monsterscollectibles. He's buying books, having them restored, and then sending them to PGX for blue labels and listing them on Ebay. I know he's a board member and has peddled his wares here before.

Happy to show proof if he dares to stick his neck out here. One more scumbag to add to the "avoid like the plague" list.

Double posting in the GA forum as many of you don't venture to General often.

What I'm curious about is WHO is doing this restoration?

Are there that many amateur restoration companies out there willing to do cheap, quick work??? I only really know of the big pro places..

What I'm curious about is WHO is doing this restoration?

Are there that many amateur restoration companies out there willing to do cheap, quick work??? I only really know of the big pro places..

Buy yourself a pen and you are in business :D Thats why its amateur.

Bruce

They can't detect trimming or color touch very well.

I had a Batman with color touch they missed. I can't believe they are still in business.

We're used to the Big Name Usual Suspects (aka, "Greed Merchants") manipulating books (and the market) for the almighty buck, but when a Board Member (e.g., Ken or Frankie) is exposed, it hurts just a little bit more.

Thanks for the heads up, Dan...

Just a heads up for anyone buying from Ken Danker, aka monsterscollectibles. He's buying books, having them restored, and then sending them to PGX for blue labels and listing them on Ebay. I know he's a board member and has peddled his wares here before.

Happy to show proof if he dares to stick his neck out here. One more scumbag to add to the "avoid like the plague" list.

It would be helpful to show proof. Otherwise we just have to take your word for it. Obviously restoring books and claiming they're unrestored is a load of horsefeathers, poppycock and malarkey all rolled up in a giant pancake of hooey and then smothered in a thick batter of hogwash.

It would be helpful to show proof. Otherwise we just have to take your word for it. Obviously restoring books and claiming they're unrestored is a load of horsefeathers, poppycock and malarkey all rolled up in a giant pancake of hooey and then smothered in a thick batter of hogwash.

He provides some proof in the general forum thread here is the link

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3999922#Post3999922

He provides some proof in the general forum thread here is the link

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3999922#Post3999922

I would say that the example showing the Zip 29 before and after is pretty conclusive.

Monstercollectibles bought a 1.0 copy, pressed out the spine roll and did some other restoration (staples), and then submitted it to PGX knowing they would be easier to fool than CGC, and got a 4.0 grade. Then sold it at $115 profit.

You have to wonder why anybody would do that. If you're a person who loves comic books, why would you want to scam other people who love comic books?

Have you noticed a trend here? Why do these opportunity seeking funny book flippers give themselves such ominous sounding monikers? We have Monsterscollectibles. We have Frankenstein. Who else...? Kinda makes you wish for a MotherTeresasCollectibles. Sheesh.