• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I waited four or five months after hearing about it, reading the on-the-boards hype, and finally acquiring them in reverse order :tonofbricks:

The story was good, the concept was great, the artwork was outstanding, and the overall final feeling on it was "This is not ENOUGH! I need MOAR!"

ive never read any issues and want too but was put off for some reason because the instant silly prices it was going for. is it even good or is just this years hot indy book?

If you're interested, PM me for a free #1. It's really an amazing story with amazing artwork as Cimm stated. ;)

When it first came out I wanted to get it but I was a little late and it was already sold out and going for crazy prices. Seems like the prices are settling down online so I'll probably check it out now.

PM me as well for a free copy, brother. ;)

Many different stamped trades available here for CPG. You purchase through Amazon and Century Guild will send you the pledge level package you ordered. They have a pledge goal of $2500, but heck you would think that would be attainable.

Halfway there and still a month to go. Looks like OP will have a trade out. Nice. I'm wondering where Jeremy will end up with the high dollar pledge. Maybe VA? hm

Man, that is a great cause, and that high end pledge is a no brainer if you got the money... you get 100 copies of a book with a limited production run and a 20.00 cover price PLUS a Jeremy Bastian appearance wherever the hell you want! All for only 1500!!! Geez... sometimes it sucks being poor :(

Man, that is a great cause, and that high end pledge is a no brainer if you got the money... you get 100 copies of a book with a limited production run and a 20.00 cover price PLUS a Jeremy Bastian appearance wherever the hell you want! All for only 1500!!! Geez... sometimes it sucks being poor :(

definately could be a money making opportunity hm

I don't think it will be over. It keeps going as they will try to recup as much of their costs as possible. I was told that the book printing project will be a lot more. Nonetheless, the TPB project seems to have been a success.

I would have bought that myself if I could. lol I'm very surprised it went for that low, though the exposure for that type of book is not there I'm afraid. Whoever won that book made out. It's a good find.

But no, my friend. According to this project, it seems to be growing. There are other interest groups besides boardies and what you see on feebay working here and word is getting out on Jeremy's work. It may mean the beginning of something better being that Jeremy is moving on with another publisher. This project seems to be feeding his exposure, which is duly needed and well deserved.

I'm excited to see what the future holds for Jeremy and CPG. ;)

But no, my friend. According to this project, it seems to be growing.

Based on the project, that's what I thought as well. Just a little shocked that went so low, wish I had a little extra money in my pocket when I saw that.

Same here, brother. :(

Exposure is what CPG needs and some LCS education on Jeremy's work. Then again, it also needs to be speeded up a little more with some focus on the book rather than "other" stuff. People are sort of left hanging. True, his art is very detailed and takes a lot of time and work, as you well know, but the story needs to move on. I'm sure less cons and commissions can alleviate that quite some bit. :grin:

Looks like people are just not getting the value here.

CURSED PIRATE GIRL #1... CGC 9.9...FIRST PRINT!!!

It seems that the reserve price was not met so it didn't sell to anyone. VERY nice price if it did. lol Plus it ended in the middle of the day when most people are at work. (shrug) Wonder what the reserve was set at.

Seems like the Kickstarter Project just reached $16k. A tidbit was also given on the site:

"Jeremy's going to be contributing to Dark Horse's The Guild comic series, written by the lovely Felecia Day from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, watch for that in early 2011!" -OP-

That will be interesting. hm

Edited by FIREFLY