• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,507 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2022 at 10:13 PM, hchill25 said:

wf 180.jpeg

wf 181.jpeg

wf 185.jpeg

wf 189.jpeg

185 is the last 12c issue in the run and is one of my favorite stories from when I was a kid. It's pure Silver Age goofy/serious, where the outcomes are all explained in convoluted ways (super breath! an innate sense of balance due to acrobatic prowess!). Love it.

On 7/27/2022 at 6:16 PM, Ozonetv said:

oddly I'm not a SA DC guy...other than ASM, BAT181 and Greatest Adventures - what else do you see?

I could have sworn greatest adventure 80 was a rare in high grade 1st but maybe it's not a 1st app per se, I'll check

On 7/27/2022 at 6:21 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

oddly I'm not a SA DC guy...other than ASM, BAT181 and Greatest Adventures - what else do you see?

I could have sworn greatest adventure 80 was a rare in high grade 1st but maybe it's not a 1st app per se, I'll check

Indeed greatest adventure 80 is 1st doom patrol

On 7/27/2022 at 6:30 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 7/27/2022 at 6:24 PM, Ozonetv said:

Funny- the owner brought it to 3 lcs and none of them pointed it out.

:takeit:^^

Lol quite the score then! I'm just glad I helped one person today, stuck my foot in mouth several times, so  :takeit:

Glad I could help 🤗

The House of Mystery is the first appearance of Robby Reed/Dial H for Hero and the H-Dial. Not hugely popular, but it had a resurgence in 2019 with a new Dial H for Hero run. And Miguel Montez (the current Dial H character) is in Teen Titans Academy.