• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,547 posts in this topic

Another book just came for me today. From paperheart.

xm31_94001-1.jpg

My new scanner also came today - this was my first scan off of it. An old HP 8250 legal scanner.

Sweet book and scanner!

I just got my legal size scanner last week. Isn't it AWESOME being able to slap down your slab and have a sweet scan in 15 seconds?!? :cloud9:

Back to the book though, you seem to be getting alot of nice X-men there lately cyclegirl. You putting together a 9.4 run? Gonna get pricey on those earlier issues!!! lol

A few more and were gonna have to switch you to HGX-mengirl!

Sweet book and scanner!

I just got my legal size scanner last week. Isn't it AWESOME being able to slap down your slab and have a sweet scan in 15 seconds?!? :cloud9:

Back to the book though, you seem to be getting alot of nice X-men there lately cyclegirl. You putting together a 9.4 run? Gonna get pricey on those earlier issues!!! lol

A few more and were gonna have to switch you to HGX-mengirl!

:cloud9: I'm just upgrading my run as I find HG x-books. Lately a few have been offered up here on the boards and they have been too good to pass up - and too good of a fit for my collection.

Rhonda,

you're building quite the collection (thumbs u

Thank you very much, Michael. :foryou:

I really appreciate the encouragement.

So what is your collecting goal?X-men 1-66?How far along are you?

Well, I have X-Men 1-66 complete. However, the grades on some issues aren't quite what I want yet.

I would like to get issues 21 - 66 above 9.0 as much as possible. I currently have 11 of those issues in 8.5 or 9.0 that I would like to get in 9.2 - 9.6 .

I would also like to get issues 2-10 at 8.0 and above. I now have 3 issues in this range I would like to upgrade.

My #1 is a 6.0 and I would like to upgrade that but the prices are getting so high - it's getting very difficult.

And, of course, it's not about buying a label. There are some books out there that just aren't the right book due to some defect that I don't care for. :busy:

Rhonda,

you're building quite the collection (thumbs u

Thank you very much, Michael. :foryou:

I really appreciate the encouragement.

So what is your collecting goal?X-men 1-66?How far along are you?

Well, I have X-Men 1-66 complete. However, the grades on some issues aren't quite what I want yet.

I would like to get issues 21 - 66 above 9.0 as much as possible. I currently have 11 of those issues in 8.5 or 9.0 that I would like to get in 9.2 - 9.6 .

I would also like to get issues 2-10 at 8.0 and above. I now have 3 issues in this range I would like to upgrade.

My #1 is a 6.0 and I would like to upgrade that but the prices are getting so high - it's getting very difficult.

And, of course, it's not about buying a label. There are some books out there that just aren't the right book due to some defect that I don't care for. :busy:

That really inpressive.Keep it up!

:cloud9: Big week for Love Romances...would have been real nice to have scored that #97 :tonofbricks::cry:

loveromances92.jpg[/img]

This may be hard to believe, but some of us may not know what is special about Love Romances 97. Care to fill us in? :)

:cloud9: Big week for Love Romances...would have been real nice to have scored that #97 :tonofbricks::cry:

loveromances92.jpg[/img]

This may be hard to believe, but some of us may not know what is special about Love Romances 97. Care to fill us in? :)

lol...I dont think many people know about Love Romances at all...hahhahaha. #97 is considered a variant by the variant collectors. (I just learned this the hard way :tonofbricks:) It came with a blacked out circle where the price should have been...not all copies came like that, hence why its a variant. So its one of the harder ones to acquire...not that any of them are an easy find....pretty rough set to be putting together in general! (I am just trying for issue #85 up) One (#97) popped up on ebay last week (with the blacked out circle) and I was the second place bidder. :cry: But at least a boardie won it! :headbang:

loveromances92.jpg[/img]

lol...I dont think many people know about Love Romances at all...hahhahaha. #97 is considered a variant by the variant collectors. (I just learned this the hard way :tonofbricks:) It came with a blacked out circle where the price should have been...not all copies came like that, hence why its a variant. So its one of the harder ones to acquire...not that any of them are an easy find....pretty rough set to be putting together in general! (I am just trying for issue #85 up) One (#97) popped up on ebay last week (with the blacked out circle) and I was the second place bidder. :cry: But at least a boardie won it! :headbang:

Love the obscure! (thumbs u

This little gem will be in my hands very soon :)

Adv247.jpg

I'm jealous!

me too!

yup

I got to enjoy it for about two days before I had to leave to come to Germany for a month.

Won't get to see it again until March :(

Adv247.jpg

I'm jealous!

me too!

yup

I got to enjoy it for about two days before I had to leave to come to Germany for a month.

Dude, you get like 14 keys a week. I gots no sympathy. :P

And you still have my favorite avatar.

Adv247.jpg

I'm jealous!

me too!

yup

Dude, you get like 14 keys a week. I gots no sympathy. :P

And you still have my favorite avatar.

lol I wish I had 14 SA keys total!

Thanks! The avatar just fit like a glove, and I've worn it ever since.

This was a bit of a wait for this one to arrive after the C'Link January auction.

Anyway, the C'Link auction isn't usually a good place for great deals but not too many people seemed to notice this sleeper and I picked it up for a little under GPA.

xn21_92-lg.jpg

This was a bit of a wait for this one to arrive after the C'Link January auction.

Anyway, the C'Link auction isn't usually a good place for great deals but not too many people seemed to notice this sleeper and I picked it up for a little under GPA.

xn21_92-lg.jpg

NICE!

I STILL dont have my Clink books from January :(