• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,548 posts in this topic

I'm going the other way, buying the slabs to complete the run, and then de-slabbing them. Mylars are the best storage long term, and they look better IMO.

Do you use backing boards? If so, clear or cardboard?

???

+1 !!!

I was THRILLED when I won the 9.4w #25 last week in the Clink auction!

9.6w Avengers 25?!? That is SICK! (worship)

And PERFECTLY centered also! NICE! (thumbs u

I did see your Avengers 25 9.4 white pager. May I say your collection and Avengers collection are growing exponentially the last few weeks. Congrats! :applause:

Thank you!

I just got the imaging from my last sub back! These are the SA books highlights :banana:

av55.jpg

cm296.jpg

cm34.jpg

cm33.jpg

cm32.jpg

cm31.jpg

im8942.jpg

im894.jpg

im996.jpg

im9962.jpg

im998.jpg

im9982.jpg

tta100.jpg

t37.jpg

Those are amazing and a lot of Iron Man #9 high grade and White PQ. :applause: Well done!

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Thanks!

I was VERY happy with the #9's! Those werent even pressed! I would bet that at least 1 of the 9.8's could be pressed into a 9.9 IIRC. When i actually get them back in hand, i'll take a closer look.

The Captain Marvels i was VERY happy with also except this one i forgot to post. I said in another thread that i had 2 #2's that looked exactly the same to me. One got a 9.6, the other a 8.5 (shrug)

I havent called and got the notes yet but without question, this is the nicest looking 8.5 in the history of comic books! It must have some internal defect that i didnt see or suffered some damage in shipping that cant be seen in the scan???

cm285.jpg

Thanks!

I was VERY happy with the #9's! Those werent even pressed! I would bet that at least 1 of the 9.8's could be pressed into a 9.9 IIRC. When i actually get them back in hand, i'll take a closer look.

The Captain Marvels i was VERY happy with also except this one i forgot to post. I said in another thread that i had 2 #2's that looked exactly the same to me. One got a 9.6, the other a 8.5 (shrug)

I havent called and got the notes yet but without question, this is the nicest looking 8.5 in the history of comic books! It must have some internal defect that i didnt see or suffered some damage in shipping that cant be seen in the scan???

cm285.jpg

That's a sharp 8.5. Maybe there was a tear internally or maybe some stain. But could have been damage in shipping, but it would be best to find out the graders note.

Super nice Jason, wow that's a lot of HG books to get back. The 8.5 is a shame, but there is the odd unseen defect occasionally. At lest they are all blue labels.

I have BCE real acid free boards, and their closed top Mylars. I hadn't thought of clear, is that new in the last 20 years?

Yes.

;)

What are those clear backing boards made of, and are they as rigid as other boards? Regards,

Thanks!

cm285.jpg

I wonder if the bottom staple is detached at the FC only, looks a little suspect.

BTW, a great submission, congrats.

Thanks Bob!

It was definitely attached when i sent it in but who knows what might have happened in shipping or at CGC (shrug)

Could be because i can tell you 100% for a fact that there arent enough flaws on it to knock it down to a "regular" 8.5. Like i said in another thread, i was going to only send in 1 of the 2 Captain Marvel 2's this submission but i couldnt decide which was nicer so i sent in both.

I'll call in a few days since i've bugged them every day for the last week and a half asking when the imaging was coming. I'll give them a break for a few days before bugging them anymore :D

Cool Jason... Can you bug them about mine too next time you call? I'm waiting for five economy tier books from November.

Here are two of the last books I got from CGC, my under copies. These were my best raw books before getting back into collecting last year.

asm005cgc80front.jpg

asm014cgc85oww.jpg

Early Marvel/late Atlas.

On the newsstand in August 1958. Jack Kirby returns to Marvel the next month and helps to launch Strange Worlds, Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense.

PH61Dec58F.jpg

I love the work of Al Hartley.

What are those clear backing boards made of, and are they as rigid as other boards? Regards,

I'm having trouble finding examples. They seem to have disappeared from the market. They didn't actually catch on very well.

(shrug)