• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,506 posts in this topic

My favorite SA books i got from the Clink and Pedigree auctions

I've always loved this cover and have a 7.0ish raw copy. I wasnt planning on getting it but it went so cheap, i couldnt resist.

av47.jpg

Crappo scan but this was the LAST X-men 1-66 that i didnt have so i was thrilled to get it even though i over payed a little.

x39-1.jpg

The 1 book i REALLY wanted in the Clink auction and had to have. I've always wanted a 1st 6 Hulk issue :cloud9:

ih4.jpg

This little gem will be in my hands very soon :)

Adv247.jpg

Congratulations Bill! :applause:

Thanks Mike :cloud9:

YOW......You don't see 'em like that often. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

More DC?!? Who collects that ???

:jokealert:

In all seriousness, that probably will not happen as I'm definitely a Marvel zzombie for life! I'll pick up a hot DC book here and there if I get a deal but that's about it.

I'm glad it made it Jason, and it looks better in your picture than mine. Regards,

Thanks Don!

It looks AWESOME in hand! Very, very, VERY happy with the book :cloud9:

Now that i have the 1st two Lizard appearances down, i need to concentrate on the 1st 2 Scorpion and Rhino's (thumbs u

Crappo scan but this was the LAST X-men 1-66 that i didnt have so i was thrilled to get it even though i over payed a little.

x39-1.jpg

Congratulations on completing your X-Men 1-66 run! :foryou:

x39-1.jpg

Congratulations on completing your X-Men 1-66 run! :foryou:

Thanks!

It only took about 25 years, so yeah, i was just a TAD happy to finish it off finally! lol

Now i need some upgrades. Alot of them were raw "NM's" from the late 80's early 90's. As you probably know, that meant 7.5-8.5 a lot of times back then. I need to go thru them and upgrade about 10-15 that are below the 8.5 target i have for the run. Then, i need to slab them.

mess !!!! I just realized i still have a lot of work to do on my X-men run afterall!!! doh!

Yeah, but my 6 year old loves looking at them and taking them out. At 6, he isn't nearly as careful or gentle as I'd like him to be handling them. Slabbed, he can play with them to his hearts content and I don't have to worry.

Before I had the Xmen 1 slabbed, I only let him look at it while I held it. Now that it's slabbed, he can actually hold it without me freaking out and stressing! lol

I'm seeing a trend here, are you the son of Cheetah? hm

I wish!!!

Man, i would KILL to be little cheetah and get to play in THAT comic room! :acclaim:

Whatdya say cheetah? Any chance you'll adopt me?!? PLEASE!!!! lol

I'm seeing a trend here, are you the son of Cheetah? hm

I wish!!!

Man, i would KILL to be little cheetah and get to play in THAT comic room! :acclaim:

Whatdya say cheetah? Any chance you'll adopt me?!? PLEASE!!!! lol

Nah. If you weren't careful, some 40 lb box of books would fall on you and crush your little head.

Either that or you'd walk in like I do, look at the number of boxes, ask yourself, "Where the hell is my Avengers 49 undercopy," then walk back out wondering what the hell you'd gotten yourself into.

41nm-.jpg

:banana:

The musical chairs on the books in this thread continues. I just posted yesterday how thanks to Peter Loves Gwen i now have the 1st 2 Lizard appearances and want to work on the 1st 2 Scorpion and Rhino appearances.

Now, VOILA!, i have the 1st appearance of the Rhino courtesy of tortoise!

As of today, this beauty is officially MINE :cloud9:

Thanks again Mark!!!