• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,507 posts in this topic

Wouldn't normally go after a book with a dustshadow like this, but this issue is tougher to get, and is is one of two issues I need to complete the set:

ll3cgc.jpg

But are you not still going to want to upgrade it?

???

I just took advantage of Mile High's half-off everything sale they're having. I got

FORBIDDEN WORLDS (1951) #80 Good. Ogden Whitney is one of my fave artists. This is a great sci-fi cover. I like the caveman's wristwatch, and the fact that the boy in the background is whispering to his friend (indicated by the talk bubble with spaces between the lines, of course).

HEART THROBS (1957) (#47-146) (DC) #135 Very Good. I thought this was a Jay Scott Pike cover, but according to GCD, it's Art Saaf. From GCD cover notes: "Pencil credit by Steve Saaf from father's invoice." It is literally a very groovy cover.

YOUNG ROMANCE (1963) #157 Good. A super-funny Nick Cardy cover. "My Mother -- My Rival!"

I got all three for just 14 bux. I hope they arrive in the grade specified!

Added two new books to my 1-100 run before I really try to emphasize the 1-25 part of this endeavor. The 48, I picked up off of eBay and while I didn't have the intention of having any place holders, there are a few things I don't love about the book. With my satisfaction for the 7.0's I already have, I thought this would be the same, but something is lacking, and there is a small bit of pencil writing on the back too.

Well, anyway here you go, 2 more bringing me to a whopping 6 total graded...

48 in 7.0, already talked about it enough.

5577407493_dcee7fbff8.jpg

74 in 9.0 which I'm really happy with and some of you may recognize because it has kicked around the board a bit. Now it is home to stay.

5577994404_47fb623a7e.jpg

Nice, both look very good for the grade (thumbs u

Dont worry about only having 6 before you know it, you'll be almost there. You have a couple things working in your favor BIG TIME by collecting 7.0's and such. 1st the cost will be MUCH more reasonable and they will be much easier to find than if you were trying to find ultra HG copies.

Keep at it and next thing you know, you'll only need a few issues and will really have to hunt to find them. Great start so far :applause:

Edited by sufunk

All I have is inferior 9.0s !! :frustrated:

$(KGrHqJ,!jgE1usu6gErBNf62Cs4H!~~_3.JPG

detect.jpg

ll70.jpg

They're great copies though! They appear to have more eye appeal than your typical 9.0s. Whoever told you they were inferior probably has numerous character and moral deficiencies.

;)

Edited by Hepcat