• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,515 posts in this topic

first strange tales i bought off a rack. got it and ff 30 [also my first off a rack] the same day, cuz i liked the "rock-looking" guy.

st124.jpg

I like the other three fellows as well, particularly the pasty fellow.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

first strange tales i bought off a rack. got it and ff 30 [also my first off a rack] the same day, cuz i liked the "rock-looking" guy.

st124.jpg

FF 30 would have been QUITE a first Marvel.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I like the "rock-looking" guy too.....it was love at first sight.....the first one I remember seeing was # 47 :cloud9:

msh14.jpg

Thanks for posting that one Parker. I always wondered where that story came from. It's in the first Marvel Treasury Edition I have. It's not a great story, but I thought I had read all of the old ones when I got the Treasury.

as i recall, big john was sick, they thought he was going to miss deadline, so they had ross andru put togehter a quick spidey yarn as a stopgap. then romita came thru, and the andru story was a spare. they threw it in this book.