• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,454 posts in this topic

Hard to go wrong with a couple of classics like that..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks. I stopped by a comic book store I don't normally visit to buy a birthday present, and saw them behind the counter...so I decided it was my birthday too.

I've done the same thing. Unfortunately, my birthday comes at least once a week!

Thanks. I stopped by a comic book store I don't normally visit to buy a birthday present, and saw them behind the counter...so I decided it was my birthday too.

I've done the same thing. Unfortunately, my birthday comes at least once a week!

...just think how quickly you'll be eligible for Social Security ..... GOD BLESS...

Same here. I had a second birthday two days later...20% sale on Easter Sunday. Picked up three Silver Age JLAs for my JLA run.

I finally purchased a book that has been on the top of my want list for a long time. I originally wanted a fn/vf, but the book's price has been on the rise lately and thus I went with a nice fn.

flash105_zps6mavvknn%20622x1024_zpsuqeifdub.jpg

Edited by gojira

I finally purchased a book that has been on the top of my want list for a long time. I originally wanted a fn/vf, but the book's price has been on the rise lately and thus I went with a nice fn.

Nice! That's a great book and one I've been wanting to add to my Flash collection as well.

Congrats, Mike......that was on your sig line for a minute...... and I've seen 7.0's that aren't much nicer....GOD BLESS....

Thanks Jimbo. The book is really nice, there are a few silverfish chews in the left side of the upper edge, but I'm OK with that. I've really wanted the book for some time now.

Thanks Jimbo. The book is really nice, there are a few silverfish chews in the left side of the upper edge, but I'm OK with that. I've really wanted the book for some time now.

...at my income bracket, I think a silverfish may be my favorite insect..... great eye appeal on that one. GOD BLESS...

...at my income bracket, I think a silverfish may be my favorite insect..... great eye appeal on that one. GOD BLESS...

lol

Cheers Jimbo.

Burned my ebay bucks & picked this up for ~$6 out of pocket (even did local pickup from the seller since he's only 25 minutes away). Not the nicest copy but it definitely fills a hole in my collection for the price of a fancy coffee.

_57_zpsui9jowow.jpg

No complaints here.

flash105_zps6mavvknn%20622x1024_zpsuqeifdub.jpg

(worship) solid!

Thanks Phill! (thumbs u

Actually I bought this book about 30 or 40 years ago. I have no idea where I bought it. I'm thinking Passport Comics in North Hollywood but I really don't know. My wife and I thought the book would come back a 6.5 or 7.0 when we submitted it at theWizard World Long Beach Con on the 28th of February. Came back yesterday and we were pleasantly surprised at the grade. It's the first Silver Age appearance of the Penguin:

857.jpg

And here's the other book I submitted at the Wizard World Long Beach Con that came back yesterday. Bought it about 5 years ago at Comic-Con in San Diego. The dealer called it a raw 7.0 so Marsha and I were jumping for joy when we saw the grade: (It's Batman 181, the Origin and first appearance of Poison Ivy)

859_1.jpg

Edited by Stevenrams

And here's the other book I submitted at the Wizard World Long Beach Con that came back yesterday. Bought it about 5 years ago at Comic-Con in San Diego. The dealer called it a raw 7.0 so Marsha and I were jumping for joy when we saw the grade: (It's Batman 181, the Origin and first appearance of Poison Ivy)

859_1.jpg

Sweet! (thumbs u

I just send my copy to CGC. Graded it a vf- and am curious what grade it will receive.

Edited by gojira

859_1.jpg

Sweet! (thumbs u

I just send my copy to CGC. Graded it a vf- and am curious what grade it will receive.

Yes, I'm curious, too. Please post a scan when it comes back.

It's one of my favorite books.

Thanks!