• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,505 posts in this topic

Thank you!

It's nice in hand so i'm VERY happy! I think i'm going to call for the notes on this one and see why it got knocked to a 6.5 because it sure looks nicer than that in hand. It has the slightest amount of tanning on the right edge which i'll assume got hammered pretty good.

Other than that, it definitely looks better than 6.5 in hand. I dont have many books in the 6.5-7.5 range but imo, no doubt it looks better than the few 7.0's i have.

It's nice in hand so i'm VERY happy! I think i'm going to call for the notes on this one and see why it got knocked to a 6.5 because it sure looks nicer than that in hand. It has the slightest amount of tanning on the right edge which i'll assume got hammered pretty good.

Other than that, it definitely looks better than 6.5 in hand. I dont have many books in the 6.5-7.5 range but imo, no doubt it looks better than the few 7.0's i have.

I agree. It looks better than a 6.5 from what I can see. Good eye appeal!

:applause:

Ave_45_Cur.jpg

SWEET!!! (worship)

Did you just buy that? I dont know how i missed that one since i need a #45 and that one is NIIIIIIIIICE!!!

Congrats! :applause:

This is one of the books I traded to Worldwide.

What's your keeper look like? That is pretty sweet!

I'll let you be the judge.

AV45FC.jpg

Different scanners so not something easy for us to compare. They are definitely both very pretty!

Same scanner but different size settings. I think they are both beauties. Side by side, I thought the 9.6 has whiter whites and less corner damage. It wasn't an easy choice to part with the Curator copy but I really had too many Avengers slabs and needed to be tough on what I kept.

045AV94Curator-1.jpg

meh, the colors on the Curator are too washed out. This was an older scan before I figured out the best settings. You'll just have to take my word for it.

The 9.6 is better centered, too, though the Curator's QP isn't really too bad.

Same scanner but different size settings. I think they are both beauties. Side by side, I thought the 9.6 has whiter whites and less corner damage. It wasn't an easy choice to part with the Curator copy but I really had too many Avengers slabs and needed to be tough on what I kept.

045AV94Curator-1.jpg

What?!?!?

There is no such thing as "too many Avengers slabs"!

To even think such a thing much less type it out is blasphemy :preach:

Just arrived at my door 10 minutes ago :grin:

sc22.jpg

Looks way better than 6.5. Congrats on the purchase.

+1

I hope to snag a nice copy of that book some day. Very nice.

DR.X