• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

I think CGC should pay Bob at least 10K to stop posting threads on their forums. Hush money.

You hush! I get too much enjoyment out of reading Bob's looney rambling. Heck, I think we should all pitch in and send him a few bucks for the hours of wacky entertainment he provides. Long Live Beerbohm (and his bum hip, car wrecks, San Fransisco collection stories, his bum hip, Obidiah Oldbuck, Jerry's All-Stars, his display racks and his bum hip (thumbs u ).

Tell me about the hip, I haven't heard about that.

I think CGC should pay Bob at least 10K to stop posting threads on their forums. Hush money.

You hush! I get too much enjoyment out of reading Bob's looney rambling. Heck, I think we should all pitch in and send him a few bucks for the hours of wacky entertainment he provides. Long Live Beerbohm (and his bum hip, car wrecks, San Fransisco collection stories, his bum hip, Obidiah Oldbuck, Jerry's All-Stars, his display racks and his bum hip (thumbs u ).

calling for mods to ban this poster--he called the "tom reilly collection" the san franscisco collection. unpardonable.

calling for mods to ban this poster--he called the "tom reilly collection" the san franscisco collection. unpardonable.

Oops. The San Fransisco collection has a different name? Who knew? What does Bob have to say about this?

Oops. The San Fransisco collection has a different name? Who knew? What does Bob have to say about this?

he wants all the "place" peds changed.

The Alan Towne collection.

The Phil A. del Fia collection.

The Chick A. Geaux collection.

The Van Couvier collection.

The O. Hieaux run.

more to come.

lol I was enjoying the breezy nature of Bob's posts; that is, until this weird masterpiece of a detour about the All-Star 8 and $10K. It would've been more fun if Bob just let flow his rich oral history, with the gallery sassing him and Bob sassing back.

Now we'll never know about that day on the dusty desert highway to Houston...how he swerved his van to avoid a family of armadillos crossing the road...

:tonofbricks:

lol I was enjoying the breezy nature of Bob's posts; that is, until this weird masterpiece of a detour about the All-Star 8 and $10K. It would've been more fun if Bob just let flow his rich oral history, with the gallery sassing him and Bob sassing back.

Now we'll never know about that day on the dusty desert highway to Houston...how he swerved his van to avoid a family of armadillos crossing the road...

:tonofbricks:

The R. M. Dillow collection.

Does this thread have any useful content or just ramblings? Has Rick discussed Coke Zero in it? Has Bedrock professed his secret love for Metropolis? Has Harley Yee set up a display? If the answers are no, then this thread is just full of nuts, and a bunch of chipmunks chasing them.

P.S. CGC didnt damage the book, the mailman did because he was pizzed that the OP wouldnt clean up after his dog.

Does this thread have any useful content or just ramblings? Has Rick discussed Coke Zero in it? Has Bedrock professed his secret love for Metropolis? Has Harley Yee set up a display? If the answers are no, then this thread is just full of nuts, and a bunch of chipmunks chasing them.

Well, I've been enjoying it. :insane:

Well, I've been enjoying it. :insane:

Your nuts! P.S I was admiring my first Mr.Freeze yesterday, thanks again! :cloud9:

Where is Bob?

Am flying out tomorrow morning to LA for appt Wednesday with surgeon who did the original surgeries, been otherwise distracted prepping for this. I might be having more surgery, having to open me up, fix some damage which I will not bore any one here about.

An hour or so ago again came back to CGC's site here, I started to read a bit of the messages piling up.

I see some are having yet more fun at my expense.

From what i gather, now some fun-loving boys (and maybe even girls) here are now expressing concepts re meth dealing, go for it. That is when I stopped reading. Having never tried the evil stuff, I would humbly suggest some of you posting this BS need to get a life other than living in CGC thread land waaay too much.

I had a phone conversation with Steve Borock May 15 at 2:55 PM.

Have not (yet) read his post here, which he mentioned to me, too much other garbage to wade thru to find it, so why bother.

The upshot was he said to me verbally we supposedly settled up re the slab bill with All Star #7 and #22 before San Diego Comicon of 2007.

Patently untrue - as in false testimony, will not use the L word (yet).

A few facts are in order:

1) The All Star #7 was first shown to me having tape on the front cover at San Diego Comicon July 2007. There were no prior phone conversations regarding it. Period.

Steve informed me then, at San Diego, of the tape on cover to #7 during Wednesday afternoon just a couple hours before Preview Opening coming up at 6 PM.

He proceeded to tell me at that point in time how it happened that a CGC employee was opening up a box of some one else's books right next to the stack of All Stars then sitting in their receiving area, the tape in a long scroll came flying around in the air still attached to the box next to the stack of All Stars, landing on top of the #7.

He informed me then said employee was even trying to peel the tape back off, he came running over yelling "Stop!"

2) The All Star #22 CGC 7.0 FVF was first brought up as still being in CGC possession just last Sept 2009 when people at CGC informed Jean Bails they still had in at their HQ.

It was promptly mailed to me then.

No other conversation ever occurred regarding it prior to then, a little over two years later at the time.

The very first time some "words on paper" mention it was used to "settle" the slab bill was in Steve Borock's missive here, which, I mentioned earlier, I have not bothered to read. I know what the facts are already.

If it was supposedly being used to "settle" a slab bill, why not mention it then to Jean Bails or myself, rather than now some 7-8 months later?

3) The All Star #8 was firmly attached when it was delivered to CGC June 2007.

There was no, as in zero, conversation with CGC once the All Stars were delivered by me to CGC HQ until they were handed back to me at San Diego Comicon the following month. I let them do their thing. Period.

Matt Nelson popped the slab on the #8 per my request when I asked him if he knew how to take glue off a book, just a few minutes after Steve Borock delivered the books to me and I viewed the Purple Kiss of Death on it.

It was Matt Nelson who very slowly and carefully cracked it open, slowly opened the cover up, and he & I both saw the hole in there (which I learned about for the very first time). I wonder if he would commit said truth to writing that the hole (which had not been there at the time I delivered the books) was (now) there when he cracked the slab open.

My position, which has not altered, and never will, is, and remains, that if this (unknown) CGC employee had not accidentally forced open the #8, tearing paper off the cover in the process, the glue could have been removed. We shall never know what could have been done

The #8 is still attached from the back when opening it up.

When it was opened from the front, it was forced, tearing cover paper.

I assume some here have psycho-babbled I placed the spot of glue and spot of color touch onto the #8 based on what is surmised by seeing a photo. That makes no sense. Funny, to be sure, and patently untrue.

What most of you have not yet seen are the emails between CGC going back & forth with myself and Jean Bails. There are many contradictions in their various stories. Maybe it is time to post those emails as well.

If these were your books which CGC damaged, each of you who nay-say would be barking up a different tree.

Best

Robert Beerbohm

402 459 1709

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/BLB-COMICS

Bob - some of us were just poking fun (at least I was), no intention of being malicious at all. However, I do find this quote hilarious: "have not (yet) read his post (Borock's) here, which he mentioned to me, too much other garbage to wade thru to find it, so why bother". When:

1. You should be last person to chastie people for not staying on topic.

2. Neglected to read perhaps the most important post of all by Borock and then discounting what he said? Strikes me as odd and just digs your hole even further. If they gave a refund I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to verfiy from their end?? If there are contradictions via email then why not post some proof otherwise this just goes around and around and gets no where.

Bob - some of us were just poking fun (at least I was), no intention of being malicious at all. However, I do find this quote hilarious: "have not (yet) read his post (Borock's) here, which he mentioned to me, too much other garbage to wade thru to find it, so why bother". When:

1. You should be last person to chastie people for not staying on topic.

2. Neglected to read perhaps the most important post of all by Borock and then discounting what he said? Strikes me as odd and just digs your hole even further. If they gave a refund I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to verfiy from their end?? If there are contradictions via email then why not post some proof otherwise this just goes around and around and gets no where.

Yea, I found it funny that he talks about other people making "worthless posts", when I have yet to see anything that contributes in a positive manner.

P.S. I sent in a book last year that was absolutely gorgeous, and came back to me as qualified. I know I didnt miss anything, but sh*t happens. Its amazing how people can slab books and make a hefty profit, then moan and groan when something accidental happens. I dont know if CGC really did this or not, but I think you to be a bit harsh. Personally you remind me of Vincent at Metropolis, take that as you like.