• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

Maybe you should change the title of this thread to Jerry's Kids and donate all the time you have wasted to charity...

(insert Jerry's Kids picture)

lsufla08.jpg

Oh that is just mean............making one of them wear a Florida shirt. (tsk)

I'm still laughing about the comment of them playing twister with the All Stars on the floor. It does look they are partying, having fun with the comics. When purchasing a comic from BLB is that the image you want to remember? It doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies I will get a properly handled book.

That makes it sound like defects caused by handling are invisible, like germs. :eyeroll: Either the grade given to you at the time of purchase is accurate, or it isn't...who cares if a seller juggled three cats and three comics simultaneously for the book to arrive at the grade it's at when presented to a buyer? You either like the book in the grade sold to you, or you don't. Complaining about handling prior to a buyer ever knowing about a book sounds like OCD ritualism, much like the stereotypical stuffy librarian shushing the maintenance crew to be quiet after the library is already closed. :screwy:

CGC damaged both the books mentioned and they have never made a move to make this "right"

A pretty well verified rumor is now being started that CGC wiped out over $2000 in grading fees to make this "right".

Bob, is this true? (shrug)

If so, does this mean you have sent the Widow Bails a refund check?

VW-AllStar08-04.jpg

BailsEdmondsAllStarPics08-1.jpg

Bob, I really wish you would step back and rethink everything

Because when I take aside who you are, and what you mean to this hobby( and that is not lost on me Bob), what I see in front of me is a spine rolled book with DEEP cover tears, that were glued, and not just a spot of glue either.

Then I see another photo of you with all the books laid out in a room I would call cluttered at best. But right there in plain sight on the table by the monitor are 2 tupperware containers of glue, a tacking iron, a brush and a magnification loupe. :(

Even if you didn't apply glue to the AS 8 yourself, this photo is incredibly damning.

You say CGC pulled the repaired area loose in a devil may care attitude which caused more damage then was originally there. But who is to say the staple area was not held together by little more then a cats whisker and simply broke free when the next person in line opened the book? And even if there was added damage, it was not enough to drop the grade of the book compared to what it was when it left your hands.

I wish you and Bails wife all the best, and hope you get the most out of the books.

But when I look at everything(especially the Ebay listing) I cannot help but wonder if you really understand how people are going to perceive all of this. Even if in your minds eye you were wronged and want justice, all you are doing is digging a hole.

Sometimes you just have to move on, and I really wish you would for your own sake.

That is as honest, and respectful as I can be.

That's a great post, Kenny - but if Bob had the wherewithal to comprehend your sound logic, then he wouldn't have started (repeated) this double-talk laced crusade in the first place.

If I were CGC, I wouldn't respond here either.

Then I see another photo of you with all the books laid out in a room I would call cluttered at best. But right there in plain sight on the table by the monitor are 2 tupperware containers of glue, a tacking iron, a brush and a magnification loupe. :(

Even if you didn't apply glue to the AS 8 yourself, this photo is incredibly damning.

I've read both threads, but I'm missing or forgetting something--why is this damning?

Some people assume that because a tub of glue is sitting by, that BLB used the glue to fix the All Star #8. Frankly I don't get it. Now if you actually had a picture of him applying the glue to the All Star #8 that would be a different story.

you're right, he could be just scrapbooking

All I know is if I ever went into court and tried to use that picture without anything else to make the assumption that BLB restored the All Star #8, the judge would laugh at me. :tonofbricks:

Who's taking him to court, might want to leave 1962 and join 2010

As a customer, I would be afraid of getting into a dispute with him. Imagine the scenario where you buy a raw book from him and you get back a PLOD from CGC. 'IF' he thought CGC was wrong, you would never be able to convince him otherwise.

so true

I'm still laughing about the comment of them playing twister with the All Stars on the floor. It does look they are partying, having fun with the comics. When purchasing a comic from BLB is that the image you want to remember? It doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies I will get a properly handled book.

That makes it sound like defects caused by handling are invisible, like germs. :eyeroll: Either the grade given to you at the time of purchase is accurate, or it isn't...who cares if a seller juggled three cats and three comics simultaneously for the book to arrive at the grade it's at when presented to a buyer? You either like the book in the grade sold to you, or you don't. Complaining about handling prior to a buyer ever knowing about a book sounds like OCD ritualism, much like the stereotypical stuffy librarian shushing the maintenance crew to be quiet after the library is already closed. :screwy:

I'm sure it doesn't give him the warm and fuzzies that the book will be properly cared for and/or shipped after the pictures are taken either.

BEFORE:

VW-AllStar08-04.jpg

VW-AllStar08-02.jpg

AFTER:

AllStar08-12.jpg[/img]

Bobs right! Up to a point. In reviewing the pictures, BEFORE and AFTER, the cover has been pulled off the staple on this book. Definitely so.

However, there does not appear to be any extra ripping of the cover in these images. The spine previously had deep rips extending to the back cover. These were glued over, and are still ripped.

Theres also a visible 1/8" rip onto the front cover into the hand in the art. But that front rip was ALWAYS there! You can see it in the retouched lines on the hand in the BEFORE pic. You can see it is still the same size and length.

So what exactly is the grievous damage to this book that warrants this crusade? Even if CGC entrusted the book to its newest least experience employee, who may have opening it too aggresively, essentially a glued on cover was pulled off its staple needing only a few hundred bucks to procure a professional re-glue job.

Maybe Bob himself could take the job. He already has the tools of the trade handy!

Acknowledging your point, how many dealers grade the book again upon shipping. It may have started out as a 8.0 but upon receipt to the seller it's now a 5.0 .

Do you want to argue with BLB about the grade after reading this thread ?

I don't.

Boob and Thib, :applause: Why don't you move out here to CA, run for office, and clean house, get this state back on track, :makepoint:

clothilde' boudreaux was in a coma. one day when the therapist was in her room, he accidentally brushed up against that you-know spot while holding her thigh to do some knee flexion. when he did, her brain wave monitor spiked, unexpectedly. he did it again, and it spiked again. he went and got the dr. who came in and did his own test, and damned if it wasn't producing some brain wave activity. if such slight stimulus could do that, think what significant stimuli could do....

the doc called boudreaux over to the hospital, as there may have been a breakthrough.

when boo got there the doc didn't want to go into great detail, to perhaps get his hopes up only to be dashed. instead, he asked boo if he'd help them out--boo said "anything, doc." the doc explained that they'd like him to have o__l s_x [not sure if i could type that] with his wife, and they'd monitor from another room. he said "no problem, doc."

the drs. all went to another room to expectantly watch the monitor, dreaming of being in the New England Journal of Medicine within the week. suddenly, clothilde' flat-lined, and died.

they burst into the room--"mr boudreaux, mr. bourdreaux, what happened?" Boo said, " well, i aint no dr., but i t'ink she choked."

Boob and Thib, :applause: Why don't you move out here to CA, run for office, and clean house, get this state back on track, :makepoint:

clothilde' boudreaux was in a coma. one day when the therapist was in her room, he accidentally brushed up against that you-know spot while holding her thigh to do some knee flexion. when he did, her brain wave monitor spiked, unexpectedly. he did it again, and it spiked again. he went and got the dr. who came in and did his own test, and damned if it wasn't producing some brain wave activity. if such slight stimulus could do that, think what significant stimuli could do....

the doc called boudreaux over to the hospital, as there may have been a breakthrough.

when boo got there the doc didn't want to go into great detail, to perhaps get his hopes up only to be dashed. instead, he asked boo if he'd help them out--boo said "anything, doc." the doc explained that they'd like him to have o__l s_x [not sure if i could type that] with his wife, and they'd monitor from another room. he said "no problem, doc."

the drs. all went to another room to expectantly watch the monitor, dreaming of being in the New England Journal of Medicine within the week. suddenly, clothilde' flat-lined, and died.

they burst into the room--"mr boudreaux, mr. bourdreaux, what happened?" Boo said, " well, i aint no dr., but i t'ink she choked."

lol

Acknowledging your point, how many dealers grade the book again upon shipping. It may have started out as a 8.0 but upon receipt to the seller it's now a 5.0 .

I don't.

I can't really tell...he may just be a disliker of CGC and is looking to give them a mild rogering, lots of dealers are like that. But you're right, it's disconcerting. :eek:

:roflmao:

I don't.

Similar to what I was thinking. These threads have done nothing but hurt his cause in my opinion.

lol

lol

They're funny when Billy posts them on the boards, but they're hilarious when you witness him telling them in person. lol

I've read both threads, but I'm missing or forgetting something--why is this damning?

Some people assume that because a tub of glue is sitting by, that BLB used the glue to fix the All Star #8. Frankly I don't get it. Now if you actually had a picture of him applying the glue to the All Star #8 that would be a different story.

All I know is if I ever went into court and tried to use that picture without anything else to make the assumption that BLB restored the All Star #8, the judge would laugh at me. :tonofbricks:

Your missing my point. Like the saying goes "When you assume something you make an OUT OF YOU AND ME." I get tired when some people make assumptions out of rumors, pictures, etc. If you want to assume something because of a picture your entitled to your opinion. I on the otherhand need more than a simple picture, rumor, etc. before I am going to believe something is true.I have had to too many life experiences to think otherwise :makepoint:

Your missing my point. Like the saying goes "When you assume something you make an OUT OF YOU AND ME." I get tired when some people make assumptions out of rumors, pictures, etc. If you want to assume something because of a picture your entitled to your opinion. I on the otherhand need more than a simple picture, rumor, etc. before I am going to believe something is true.I have had to too many life experiences to think otherwise :makepoint:

and you probably haven't even had a fla. gators football lecture from g.a.tor yet. you don't know diddly about life experiences until he explains to you how a ref's call cost fla. the nat'l title in the '96 fiesta bowl, won by the 'huskers 62-24 [i didn't type 32, or 42, or 52---that's right, 62].