• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

I'm still surprised at the 55,000 number. I mean, I get that at the peak if there were 200 a month that's 24,000 a decade, but I just thought it was a bit more of a limited thing. Are there thousands of romance pulps? I guess I thought of pulps as being limited to a few genres--crime, sf, westerns, adventure. I understand the argument that they were a source of cheap fiction reading, but so were magazines, the magazines were littered with stories back then. It was an incredibly lucrative market for Fitzgerald, Saroyan, etc.

(you can tell I know a lot more about literary fiction from the 20s through the 60s than I do pulps)

Yes, I have over 800 and that's just a drop in the romance pulp bucket.

I imagine there was a cease and desist letter delivered today.

In 2 weeks Bob can come here and pontificate about the evils of facebook censorship :preach:

Nope! He's been banned.

Why has he now been banned? He hasn't posted anything since November 29th, and what he posted then was hardly offensive since it was entirely unreadable/incomprehensible.

???

In 2 weeks Bob can come here and pontificate about the evils of facebook censorship :preach:

Nope! He's been banned.

Why has he now been banned? He hasn't posted anything since November 29th, and what he posted then was hardly offensive since it was entirely unreadable/incomprehensible.

???

Well, that's not strictly true.

Nope! He's been banned.

???

Which part?

???

Nope! He's been banned.

???

Which part?

???

You're not going to trick me into reading that again. ;)

As I recall, he did blame Matt (the man who has been waiting for his pulps to arrive after seven months) for his not sending the items. And there was a whole load of other spleen and bile aimed at the forum which attempted to justify his actions.

I still can't quite follow your need to be an apologist here, but by all means, carry on.

BLBcomics - Not a constructive contributor to the boards.

So he's been banned for inactivity?

Yes. But there was also that scathing FB diatribe where he lambasted CGC and called them a Ponzi scheme and a fraud. There was that too.

Yes. But there was also that scathing FB diatribe where he lambasted CGC and called them a Ponzi scheme and a fraud. There was that too.

Here. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7244535#Post7244535

I'm surprised you read it the first time. It was positively tortuous from the start.

I still can't quite follow your need to be an apologist here, but by all means, carry on.

Oh lord. I rather thought my subtext was very clear, but if I need to clarify it for you then I will.

He hasn't been posting, and his shenanigans/transgressions otherwise have been widely publicized for some time. But he clearly wasn't banned for these because he would already have been banned.

So why now? What just happened? I believe his ban was precipitated by anti-CGC comments he made not on this board but somewhere else. He thus ran afoul of the House Committee on Un-CGC Activities and was banned for his Thought Crimes.

Am I wrong? Because this would really bother me.

???

I'm surprised you read it the first time. It was positively tortuous from the start.

Oh lord. I rather thought my subtext was very clear, but if I need to clarify it for you then I will.

He hasn't been posting, and his shenanigans/transgressions otherwise have been widely publicized for some time. But he clearly wasn't banned for these because he would already have been banned.

So why now? What just happened? I believe his ban was precipitated by anti-CGC comments he made not on this board but somewhere else. He thus ran afoul of the House Committee on Un-CGC Activities and was banned for his Thought Crimes.

???

He was banned because he is an utter person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

That's precisely my point. Facebook is elsewhere. That's what troubles me. Is CGC now using this board to carry out a vendetta against those it perceives to be unfriendly?

???

???

Goodness me, how decent of you to stoop so low as to clarify your position. lol

And the bolded bit does rather give away your agenda. doh!

That's precisely my point. Facebook is elsewhere. That's what troubles me. Is CGC now using this board to carry out a vendetta against those it perceives to be unfriendly?

???

the mods deleted many of his posts, because they were "ban" worthy... he was cursing, etc...

so , it was his actions on these boards, not facebook (since the FB posts was after his suspension here)

Just so you guys know, Hepcat has a really weird hang-up about cross-posting from one board to another or having business from one board spread to another. IIRC, he believes that if you were to post something on this board that he wrote from, say, The Corral, that you would be a low-life scumbag and a coward. It is a peculiar thing, as I've never seen anyone so adamant about "what happens on this board, stays on this board". I figure there's gotta be something else to his paranoia?