• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

Just so you guys know, Hepcat has a really weird hang-up about cross-posting from one board to another or having business from one board spread to another.

Yes, precisely! And you Stu provide an excellent case in point of how without strict controls drivel spreads from board to board. It's most unfortunate.

:frustrated:

Just so you guys know, Hepcat has a really weird hang-up about cross-posting from one board to another or having business from one board spread to another.

Yes, precisely! And you Stu provide an excellent case in point of how without strict controls drivel spreads from board to board. It's most unfortunate.

Since we've been taking so many jaunts down Board Memory Lane lately, could someone point me to a good thread to explain who Stu is, why he's banned, and why he seems to come back so often?

^ you're asking for a banning with that attitude. :P

Seriously guys be real, he deserved to be banned quite some time ago and his long history in the hobby is the only reason they put up with his act this long.

Being here isn't a right, its a privilege, and as a moderator on another collector site I am only too happy to ban people that don't know how to behave themselves.

BLBcomics - Not a constructive contributor to the boards.

So he's been banned for inactivity?

Yes. But there was also that scathing FB diatribe where he lambasted CGC and called them a Ponzi scheme and a fraud. There was that too.

Here. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7244535#Post7244535

"I'd say the holiday fruitcake has arrived." -- one commenter

"And it's being served on the crazy train." -- another commenter

Seriously guys be real, he deserved to be banned quite some time ago and his long history in the hobby is the only reason they put up with his act this long.

Being here isn't a right, its a privilege, and as a moderator on another collector site I am only too happy to ban people that don't know how to behave themselves.

Agreed on all counts.

Agreed on all counts.

This site is actually pretty lenient...... if you get banned here, you usually have it coming. That being said..... I sure wish they'd un ban Redhook :sorry: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Agreed on all counts.

Splutter - that's outrageous -how dare you?

2147504688_a2dbc29fb9_z.jpg

Since we've been taking so many jaunts down Board Memory Lane lately, could someone point me to a good thread to explain who Stu is, why he's banned, and why he seems to come back so often?

Stu was a regular on the old eBay comics chat board. Like others (Including me), he eventually migrated over here where he was banned for his, um, negative views about CGC--at least, I think that was what happened. He pops up regularly under new IDs, rarely bothering to disguise who he is.

He has a lot of incisive observations to make about the hobby and it's denizens, but is also inclined to post things that are, oh, a tad intentionally provocative.

Agreed on all counts.

This site is actually pretty lenient...... if you get banned here, you usually have it coming. That being said..... I sure wish they'd un ban Redhook :sorry: GOD BLESS....

Agreed, for a site that is operated largely as a courtesy by a corporate entity it's incredibly tolerant of criticism towards it's practices by board members, even when at times such criticism is on the hostile side.

I was unaware that the CGC had to answer to anyone about who they choose to ban and why.

If they felt that allowing him to continue to post here would result in a lot of headaches down the road - a feelling that is pretty well supported by evidence - then I don't think there's a jury that would convict them of malfeasance.

Stu was a regular on the old eBay comics chat board. Like others (Including me), he eventually migrated over here where he was banned for his, um, negative views about CGC--at least, I think that was what happened. He pops up regularly under new IDs, rarely bothering to disguise who he is.

He has a lot of incisive observations to make about the hobby and it's denizens, but is also inclined to post things that are, oh, a tad intentionally provocative.

Thanks (thumbs u

Agreed, for a site that is operated largely as a courtesy by a corporate entity it's incredibly tolerant of criticism towards it's practices by board members, even when at times such criticism is on the hostile side.
Please stop proliferating this line of thinking. The boards aren't a charitable exercise on the part of CGC. See those referral links built into Ebay links? $ See those banner ads at the top? $$ See all these people on here learning about, championing the use of, and ultimately buying slabs graded by, CGC? $$$

Granted, it's still their board and they can do what they like with it. But it's not an altruistic endeavor.

Please stop proliferating this line of thinking. The boards aren't a charitable exercise on the part of CGC. See those referral links built into Ebay links? $ See those banner ads at the top? $$ See all these people on here learning about, championing the use of, and ultimately buying slabs graded by, CGC? $$$

Granted, it's still they're boards and they can do what they like with it. But it's not an altruistic endeavor.

That is absolutely correct. They certainly don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. And we the posting members are essential to this board being a successful promotional tool and profitable sidelight on its own for CGC. Without us, CGC has Tracy here.

:preach:

I have only read a few pages of this thread and am, unfortunately, not surprised.

Once upon a time I was a semi-regular customer of BLBComics, I made approximately seven or eight purchases, and, if I recall correctly; I would have to review very old e-mails; in virtually every purchase I either did not receive all the comic books I paid for, received some incorrect books, or received books that were significantly over-graded. For example, concerning the latter, I received comic books that, at some point in time, someone had used a pen to color parts of the cover; it was not restoration, it was just that someone had decided to color in, for example, a section of Batman's arm. Despite inquiring about the accuracy, etc., of the assigned grade: restoration, missing coupons and pages, etc., etc., prior to purchase, "colored-in covers," etc., etc., etc., were not disclosed to me.

Thankfully, after close to two years of pointed e-mails and telephone calls I received a full refund. I have not purchased from BLBComics since at least 2006 or 2007 and I, emphatically, never will again.

That being said..... I sure wish they'd un ban Redhook :sorry: GOD BLESS....

You and Me both Brother...

I sent him an email early this past Spring but never heard back. Is he active on any other board where I could contact him??

Anyone know???