• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

matt can make his own thead, but why...so a bunch of Psychobabblers can destroy another thead. We must take a STAND sometime against them. why not here?

What on earth are you talking about?

:troll:

matt can make his own thead, but why...so a bunch of Psychobabblers can destroy another thead. We must take a STAND sometime against them. why not here?

About six pages of this thead was deleted by the MODs including some very insulting comments and pictures of dogs and cats.....PBabblers are just that...they destroy a thead with doublespeak, and comments which have nothing to do with this thead...what does a Dog or Cat have to do do with BB?

About six pages of this thead was deleted by the MODs including some very insulting comments and pictures of dogs and cats.....PBabblers are just that...they destroy a thead with doublespeak, and comments which have nothing to do with this thead...what does a Dog or Cat have to do do with BB?

Trolls, when called on their trolling, usually resort to whining and complaining to moderators and playing the victim. It is usually the first clear sign that they have been exposed. Follow-up behavior usually includes increasingly hysterical and frenzied name calling, attempts to turn other posters against each other, and and a dramatic exit complete with threats of returns to torment those who offended him.

what the hell is this, besides being the last 5 letters of your 8-letter nickname?

Here is some relevant psychobabble (I'm not sure posting pics of pets or off-topic posts constitutes psychobabble if there aren't any misused pyschological terms): "I hope Matt gets closure from this dysfunctional transaction."

what the hell is this, besides being the last 5 letters of your 8-letter nickname?

straw man here is some advice for you....the more open your mind ...the bigger your world will become......

Mitch, I'm curious - is there some plan other than asking the buyer to spend two days of his life and hundreds of $$ on gas and wear and tear to pick up his books? Seems very unreasonable to put that on the buyer after all he's gone through - I don't think I've heard one negative thing said about him since this started and I think we can all agree he's done nothing wrong.

Do you really believe what you are typing? Do you think you express yourself clearly?

Mitch, I'm curious - is there some plan other than asking the buyer to spend two days of his life and hundreds of $$ on gas and wear and tear to pick up his books? Seems very unreasonable to put that on the buyer after all he's gone through - I don't think I've heard one negative thing said about him since this started and I think we can all agree he's done nothing wrong.

I agree Matt is entitled to what he paid for and it should have been delivered a long time ago, I don't know who the pulps are being sent to and the arrangement that bob has made with the other dealer.

1. The pulps aren't in transit. They aren't in a warehouse in New York City, they aren't on a truck on I-80, they aren't in Bob's warehouse in Nebraska. They can't go to Matt because they have been sold to other people.

2. Matt is far far far more patient than I would ever be. Not that I'm suggesting anything, but I would have called my good friend Mark Zaid about six months ago. $3,600 is a relatively large chunk of change.

3. Anyone defending Bob at this point is - at best - naive. I frankly don't care how many years Bob has been selling comics and how wonderful he is and how great it is that he found Adventures of Olbadiah Oldbuck and how he opened the first store in San Francisco blah blah blah blah blah blah. Who cares? How is that relevant?

4. Just to be clear, let us review. A customer made an order for $3,600 nine months ago and the seller didn't ship it. If this was any other business we would uniformly be on the customer's side. Businesses in this country get crushed on Yelp for things that are significantly less bad than this customer service nightmare. Hell, Bob's lucky his business won't fold because of it.

5. I sell lots of comics. I'd be more than happy to (1) put up some cash to help compensate Matt for his loss and (2) spread the word to all the people I know. Just ridiculous.

1. The pulps aren't in transit. They aren't in a warehouse in New York City, they aren't on a truck on I-80, they aren't in Bob's warehouse in Nebraska. They can't go to Matt because they have been sold to other people.

2. Matt is far far far more patient than I would ever be. Not that I'm suggesting anything, but I would have called my good friend Mark Zaid about six months ago. $3,600 is a relatively large chunk of change.

3. Anyone defending Bob at this point is - at best - naive. I frankly don't care how many years Bob has been selling comics and how wonderful he is and how great it is that he found Adventures of Olbadiah Oldbuck and how he opened the first store in San Francisco blah blah blah blah blah blah. Who cares? How is that relevant?

4. Just to be clear, let us review. A customer made an order for $3,600 nine months ago and the seller didn't ship it. If this was any other business we would uniformly be on the customer's side. Businesses in this country get crushed on Yelp for things that are significantly less bad than this customer service nightmare. Hell, Bob's lucky his business won't fold because of it.

5. I sell lots of comics. I'd be more than happy to (1) put up some cash to help compensate Matt for his loss and (2) spread the word to all the people I know. Just ridiculous.

:golfclap:

That's it in a nutshell, and a very generous offer too.

Does anyone know what Mitch is babbling about when he talks of another dealer? Is this where the "twice sold" pulps went?

Or yet another piece of drama, obfuscation and misdirection.

If Mitch is gonna be repping Bob on the Boards, spiritually or otherwise, then I think both of them should be brought up for the PL and/or the HoS. I know I personally would never trust either with a dollar and I hope no one else would as well.

This is the key, and it's why I mocked the notion of a tracking number. Anyone replying reasonably to Mitch or Bob's tales of strange shipping practices is just lending them credence, which only serves to delay a resolution and muddy the waters of this nightmare deal gone wrong.

Mitch, you'll get nowhere talking about anything other than cold hard facts. No one needs to hear about how to open their mind, or the proper time of day to commune with the unknowable. We need to hear where the pulps are, and what Bob's gonna do about the fact that he sold them twice. Or, not even what he's gonna do because no one will be believe it. We need proof of what he's already done.