• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry's All Star #8 better pics

1,135 posts in this topic

I think we should all buy comics and pulps from Bob.

Conditions of sale:

a.) We choose books for sale.

b.) Bob pays shipping and sends books to us directly (no 3rd party involvement)

c.) On receipt we make payment to Jean directly.

I like this a lot, was actually thinking of a variation where the books and money are sent to Jean, but not sure what she would do with them all except then try to find someone more reputable to sell them for her and that sounds like a big hassle.

So Pay Jean and get some books sounds like a good thing to be a part of.

I know most of you want this argument to die, but i have to agree with Calhoun and Mitch...there are accusations on this board that Bob cannot reply to, and there are questions some of us might be able to answer to set the record straight. I don't see why those questions are so hard to answer...I'm fairly new to this bruhaha, so I don't know the facts. I guess that's why I'm neutral...but...it seems some of it could be solved by a Lobby Card explanation from Steve. I'm open to whatever people want to share here. If I had any Reilly books I'd post 'em, but I don't...except for that Startling 32... lol

I suggest we move the show to this thread.

Then all it takes is for Steve to tell us it isn't true and maybe explain the back story...I don't see why that's so hard...unless aliens and mind-control are involved. lol

^^

Darned impressed, I am. You're the first person on these boards to figure this out!

Then all it takes is for Steve to tell us it isn't true and maybe explain the back story...I don't see why that's so hard...

Brian, if you even have to ask me to provide such an explanation then you're the type of person that I'm not going to dignify with a response.

I think Steve is just exhausted from going round and round and round on this, and has let it go.

It wouldn't matter anyway. Regardless of what Steve proves Bob can always fall back on his age, health issues and/or failing memory. It's a Catch-22 situation, and with Joseph Heller channeling Cervantes the windmills win every time.

The basic conundrum is that we're supposed to revere Bob's historic contributions to the hobby while ignoring his egotistical attitude, misinformation, questionable business practices, personal invective and total disrespect of the CGC who hosts these chat boards.

I can sympathize with his age related confusion, but that shouldn't be an acceptable excuse for personal or business abuse. There are folks here who've bent over backwards to help make things right between Bob and his customers without compensation, but that has done little to quell his condescending attitude toward anyone who doesn't bow to his POV.

Arrrrrgh! Thought I was done with this topic as well, but somehow I've been Godfathered back in. :facepalm:

Then all it takes is for Steve to tell us it isn't true and maybe explain the back story...I don't see why that's so hard...

Brian, if you even have to ask me to provide such an explanation then you're the type of person that I'm not going to dignify with a response.

Well...Excuuuuuse me for wanting to understand this mess...I will leave the discussion now... :frustrated:

Well...Excuuuuuse me for wanting to understand this mess...I will leave the discussion now... :frustrated:

Brian, you just don't get it.

This whole charade targeting me is merely a distraction to take the bullseye off of Beerbohm (where it rightly belongs). The more you feed into it, the more successful that BLB's con game is (Lance Armstrong would be so proud).

As Cat says above, any response I provide to such a spurious allegation is not going to make one bit of difference.

So please try to take a more logical - not emotional - look at the totality of the circumstances, and hopefully things will be clearer.

Thanks-

Brian, you just don't get it.

This whole charade targeting me is merely a distraction to take the bullseye off of Beerbohm (where it rightly belongs). The more you feed into it, the more successful that BLB's con game is (Lance Armstrong would be so proud).

As Cat says above, any response I provide to such a spurious allegation is not going to make one bit of difference.

So please try to take a more logical - not emotional - look at the totality of the circumstances, and hopefully things will be clearer.

Thanks-

Simple question just needs a simple answer Steve... Then the board can put this issue to rest

I think Steve is just exhausted from going round and round and round on this, and has let it go.

It wouldn't matter anyway. Regardless of what Steve proves Bob can always fall back on his age, health issues and/or failing memory. It's a Catch-22 situation, and with Joseph Heller channeling Cervantes the windmills win every time.

The basic conundrum is that were supposed to revere Bob's historic contributions to the hobby while ignoring his egotistical attitude, misinformation, questionable business practices, personal invective and total disrespect of the CGC who hosts these chat boards.

I can sympathize with his age related confusion, but that shouldn't be an acceptable excuse for personal or business abuse. There are folks here who've bent over backwards to help make things right between Bob and his customers without compensation, but that has done little to quell his condescending attitude toward anyone who doesn't bow to his POV.

Arrrrrgh! Thought I was done with this topic as well, but somehow I've been Godfathered back in. :facepalm:

Most people that make massive contributions to any type of organization, whether it's a hobby or a sports team athlete will be surrounded by controversy.

Jay Maybruck did some pretty distasteful things to people but he was also a legend that shaped the hobby as we know it today. He just is very open about his shortcomings now.

I have no problem recognizing someone's affects on the hobby and also pointing out their personal deficiencies if the moment calls for it.

I don't dislike Beerbhom but I do dislike his one sided view of the high end market. It makes me believe there are sour grapes. Rather than be happy about his contributions and accomplishments and let some parts of the market play out without his influence (because nobody can do it all - well maybe Metropolis can :baiting: ) he continues to dislike and talk down various aspects of the market...the slabbed market, specifically. Not sure if he's changed his stance on this.