• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN 3

54 posts in this topic

As for magic, I dont see it fitting in with the super high-tech storyline in IRON MAN ...I would think that the Mandarin's rings would be some kind of energy weapon rooted in comic book science...like the Green Lantern's ring.

(shrug) Did the mandarin's origin get retconned and I missed it? Like I posted earlier in the thread, the rings come from extraterrestial beings, so they're powered by alien technology not magic. I wouldn't be surprised if Stan used GL as a springboard for the Mandarin's powers.

To have a truly succesful hero, you need the bad guy to be at least equally as powerful, preferably more powerful than the hero. Iron man has failed to do that. Simply putting IM against lager or multiple versions of himself is getting old. Especially when we all know the outcome. Never in doubt.

Now I dig crazy characters with no real powers who are a major threat to the public as much as the next guy.. characters like, Lex Luthor and the Joker are awesome. But there comes a point where you can't have too many LL or Jokers... they need to differ. And the way to differentiate them is in their powers and abilities, not in thier intentions.

If people can accept a radioctive spider, a drunk millionare creating a new element which he places in his heart to keep him alive, a man who can control magnetic forces, a woman who can control the weather and on and on... they can accept the freakin mandarin. It is a comic book movie after all. It's not real.

Doctor Doom, Doom is a bad arse and was handled terribly in the FF movies, he needs a reboot and Ironman 3 would be perfect for it. I don`t think the Mandarin would work, name me one classic Mandarin story hm I say Doctor Doom.

Iron_Man_150.jpg

DrDoom_Head.jpg

rd jr is under contract for two more iron man roles. when they signed him they knew one of those would be the avengers. like how they signed evans to a five picture deal. not five cap movies. but five movies where he will play cap in the movie. they have tried to keep the multiple movie signings with all the stars. as much as i hate ot say it they did the same with sam jackson. they could do the hulk all cgc but i like norton as an actor. i think had they listened to him the second hulk would have been much better. the fact that they cut it all up is why he is up in arms against them. in each of the first two iron man movies they have shown more and more of the drinking by stark. i would like to see that play a major part in the third one when it does happen. that was one of the greatest story lines in marvel history. alcoholism is a bad villian all by itself.

in each of the first two iron man movies they have shown more and more of the drinking by stark. i would like to see that play a mojor part in the third one when it does happen. that was one of the greatest story lines in marvel history. alcoholism is a bad villian all by itself.

Demon in a Bottle :cloud9:

rd jr is under contract for two more iron man roles. when they signed him they knew one of those would be the avengers. like how they signed evans to a five picture deal. not five cap movies. but five movies where he will play cap in the movie. they have tried to keep the multiple movie signings with all the stars. as much as i hate ot say it they did the same with sam jackson. they could do the hulk all cgc but i like norton as an actor. i think had they listened to him the second hulk would have been much better. the fact that they cut it all up is why he is up in arms against them. in each of the first two iron man movies they have shown more and more of the drinking by stark. i would like to see that play a major part in the third one when it does happen. that was one of the greatest story lines in marvel history. alcoholism is a bad villian all by itself.

The second Hulk movie didn't work because the writers obviously never read any Hulk comics. The Hulk doesn't defeat the army on the campus grounds using a metal "shield" that he throws at a machine to break it. He would get angry at the sonic pulses and incredibly rise up against those forces and pound the ground knocking those machines all about. He also doesnt defeat the Abomination by choking him with a chain. doh!

As to the next Ironman Villain: The Mandarin. They have already set it up, as long as the Mandarin doesnt build himself a metal suit

As to the next Ironman Villain: The Mandarin. They have already set it up, as long as the Mandarin doesnt build himself a metal suit

98259.jpg

His ego is getting big. he just HAD to write a fight scene for himself in Iron man 2...

A good/great director knows to stay behind the camera.

I disagree, I think Hitchcock and and Clint Eastwood are both good examples of directors that made appearances in front of their own cameras.

A Clint Eastwood directed Jonah Hex movie starring Josh Brolin would've been epic.