• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flee does California....

49 posts in this topic

shoki-ramen.jpg

Does anyone know of any other authentic Ramen shops in Northern Cali? Or anywhere

else for that matter.

Flee this is THE BEST ramen restuarant in So. Cal.(little Tokyo Los Angeles)

http://www.examiner.com/x-1868-LA-Restaurant-Examiner~y2009m10d22-Spice-up-your-life-at-Orochon-Ramen

This place was on Man vs. Food ,try the special #2 the hottest ramen soup you'll ever taste,but good stuff. :cloud9:

I love that show :cloud9:

And finally, instead of paying checked luggage fees, we decided to just pick up some

clothes while we were out there. I found this old-school Iron Man T-shirt at a Wal-Mart

that I just love. I know we nit-pick the super-hero movies and rant about how unfaithful they are to the

comics, etc. but the byproduct of these comic book characters being in the mainstream now

is that these kind of products are readily available and can be proudly worn in public. :cloud9:

iron-man-tshirt.jpg

That shirt IS awesome!

And finally, instead of paying checked luggage fees, we decided to just pick up some

clothes while we were out there. I found this old-school Iron Man T-shirt at a Wal-Mart

that I just love. I know we nit-pick the super-hero movies and rant about how unfaithful they are to the

comics, etc. but the byproduct of these comic book characters being in the mainstream now

is that these kind of products are readily available and can be proudly worn in public. :cloud9:

iron-man-tshirt.jpg

That shirt IS awesome!

Paging LJB :gossip:

japanese-article.jpg

Can anyone translate what it says?

Short version, it's just talking about the recent sales of Action 1 and Tec 27 and how they were oriiginally 10 cents (which apparently was equal to about 9 yen). Also mentions Spiderman 4 next year, but I think the Spiderman movie is a reboot.

Steve

japanese-article.jpg

Can anyone translate what it says?

Short version, it's just talking about the recent sales of Action 1 and Tec 27 and how they were oriiginally 10 cents (which apparently was equal to about 9 yen). Also mentions Spiderman 4 next year, but I think the Spiderman movie is a reboot.

Steve

Thanks! (thumbs u

shoki-ramen.jpg

Does anyone know of any other authentic Ramen shops in Northern Cali? Or anywhere

else for that matter.

Flee this is THE BEST ramen restuarant in So. Cal.(little Tokyo Los Angeles)

http://www.examiner.com/x-1868-LA-Restaurant-Examiner~y2009m10d22-Spice-up-your-life-at-Orochon-Ramen

This place was on Man vs. Food,try the special #2 the hottest ramen soup you'll ever taste,but good stuff. :cloud9:

Thanks David, I think I saw that episode. Will definitely have to try it

if in the area. I usually just order the traditional Shoyu ramen and don't go for

the spicy versions. When I was in the Shoki restaurant a table of Indian diners

had ordered the spicy Ramen and when they asked the waitress if it could be

made hotter, she came out with the chili paste and put two huge spoonfuls in

their soup. It made it almost like a red gravy. They were sweating profusely

while eating it and seemed to be enjoying it. :sick:

There And Back Again.

Great job, Flee! West coast is purdy, ain't it?

:applause:

Yes it is. I went to High School in Southern California and loved it. Right now

the state is having major financial difficulties though. :cry: I hope they can

turn it around. :wishluck: I would love to stay in San Fran for a couple of

months to really soak it in. So much counter-culture history in that town. :cloud9:

Being on the East Coast, we don't have In-n-Out Burgers so I always partake

when I am out West. Their company policy of only using fresh beef means they

don't open restaurants outside of a certain distance from their patty making facility.

In Florida, the closest thing we have to In-n-Out is Five Guys. I don't like to do fast food

very often but I make an exception in this case. In-n-Out is rated number one in

fast food satisfaction surveys. I am just now learning about the In-n-Out "secret menu".

Casselberry has an In and Out now.

In Florida, the closest thing we have to In-n-Out is Five Guys. I don't like to do fast food

very often but I make an exception in this case. In-n-Out is rated number one in

fast food satisfaction surveys. I am just now learning about the In-n-Out "secret menu".

Casselberry has an In and Out now.

Are you sure? There are no In and Out Burgers outside of the West Coast for

logistical reasons. Perhaps you are thinking of the new Big Boy restaurant

that opened up in Casselberry? :gossip:

I did recognize boardie "seank" and

introduced myself and we agreed to get together on my next visit.

I think Flee was disappointed to learn I no longer have a Tiki bar in my house. (Ex-wife has a Tiki bar in her house...)

But next time Flee's in town, we're having the first ever Sacramento CGC Forums Geek Fest. Perhaps we can get some Bay Area folk into the Central Valley :o .