• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tommy Lee Jones Confirmed for Captain America

18 posts in this topic

Tommy Lee Jones Confirmed for Captain America Source: LeicesterSquareTV May 27, 2010

As rumored, Tommy Lee Jones will act in Captain America: The First Avenger in a still-unknown role. Hayley Atwell, who plays Peggy Carter in the Joe Johnston-directed comic book adaptation, confirmed the news to LeicesterSquareTV. You can watch their interview with Atwell using the player below. They start talking about "Captain America" around the 2:20 mark.

Rumors place the "Men in Black" star in the part of General Chester Phillips, the military officer who chooses Steve Rogers for the super soldier program and who aided in his training soon after the serum took effect.

Phillips was retconned into continuity in "Tales of Suspense #63" in 1965, just two years after Captain America was brought to Marvel's forefront as the leader of the Avengers. Phillips remained a character in the Marvel universe until 2003 when he (now retired) was killed by assassins from the underwater rival-to-Atlantis continent Lemuria.

In addition to Atwell, Jones is joining Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Sebastian Stan, Toby Jones, Samuel L. Jackson and Dominic Cooper in the July 22, 2011 release.

I like Tommy Lee Jones in everything he's done OTHER than when he played Two-Face in whatever Batman disaster DC put out, but that whole movie blew chunks...

It's like Kevin Smith says, "Better gay Batman than no Batman at all."

I like Tommy Lee Jones in everything he's done OTHER than when he played Two-Face in whatever Batman disaster DC put out, but that whole movie blew chunks...

It's like Kevin Smith says, "Better gay Batman than no Batman at all."

In the case of that utter disaster, I disagree. lol

What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area.

Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is the Red Skull.

Go get him!

:cool:

What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area.

Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is the Red Skull.

Go get him!

:cool:

That's pretty good

I'm disappointed. Tommy Lee Jones just plays Tommy Lee Jones.

That's true but as long as he is given a good character he should be ok.

As much as I love Iron Man 1/2 a lot of the success is because RDJ is playing himself. (shrug)

Tommy Lee Jones Confirmed for Captain America Source: LeicesterSquareTV May 27, 2010

As rumored, Tommy Lee Jones will act in Captain America: The First Avenger in a still-unknown role. Hayley Atwell, who plays Peggy Carter in the Joe Johnston-directed comic book adaptation, confirmed the news to LeicesterSquareTV. You can watch their interview with Atwell using the player below. They start talking about "Captain America" around the 2:20 mark.

Rumors place the "Men in Black" star in the part of General Chester Phillips, the military officer who chooses Steve Rogers for the super soldier program and who aided in his training soon after the serum took effect.

Phillips was retconned into continuity in "Tales of Suspense #63" in 1965, just two years after Captain America was brought to Marvel's forefront as the leader of the Avengers. Phillips remained a character in the Marvel universe until 2003 when he (now retired) was killed by assassins from the underwater rival-to-Atlantis continent Lemuria.

In addition to Atwell, Jones is joining Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Sebastian Stan, Toby Jones, Samuel L. Jackson and Dominic Cooper in the July 22, 2011 release.

must be modok, no CGI required