• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old photos with comics

122 posts in this topic

Yea....I know this idea has been around before .....many times even, but while looking through some old photo albums.....I came across another nice one. This is my buddy Paul with his All Star #11 . That was a good day......

paulallstar11copy.jpg

Here is an old one I've posted before:

My wife Sandi at the first Eugene Comic Convention, which was held out at the Lane County Fairgrounds in 1986. Unfortunately, or fortunately, there was no photo of me :sorry:

:gossip: at lower right is the slip-cased Two-Fisted Tales set I traded for my NM Iron Man 1. One of the best swaps I ever made....., :banana:

EugeneComicCon.jpg

And here's a pic of my dad reading one in the early '50's in his marine barracks. I was on the lookout for a copy of that comic and found one last year. I plan on getting a print of this pic and the comic matted/framed to give to him. He's 80 now, still smokes, and collects comics.

dad.jpg

I'll have to tell my aunt that a pic I posted of her on the internet is a big hit! lol

It truly is an amazing photo! (thumbs u

I could probably see it in an exhibition with the word "innocence" as the title. :cloud9:

Take a picture of yourself reading the comic in the same pose.

hm Taking a pic of him reading the comic in the same pose wouldn't be a bad idea.

Do that for yourself......so you'll have the pic after he's gone.....and do the one of you in his pose for him.......while he's still here. That is a great pic BTW

And here's a pic of my dad reading one in the early '50's in his marine barracks. I was on the lookout for a copy of that comic and found one last year. I plan on getting a print of this pic and the comic matted/framed to give to him. He's 80 now, still smokes, and collects comics.

dad.jpg

Dude awesome idea I got to say I'm sure he will enjoy it!

Thanks! Here's a pic of the comic I bought for that project. (Bad lighting this time of night for an iphone pic)

mrda.jpg

Thats AWESOME !!!

I know this is a crappy picture, but I had to lighten it way much so the cover would show. Its my son when he was around 10 years old......reading some Kirby goodness

brent-kamandi.jpg