• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old photos with comics

122 posts in this topic

me and my brother circa 1968. Wish I could figure out what the comics were, I do know they are DC :cloud9:

xmas68cb3.jpg

xmas68cb1.jpg

What is on this cover that is captivating me so much?

xmas68cb2.jpg

xmas68cb4.jpg

and these....well they speak for themselves...

xmas68bm.jpg

xmas68sp.jpg

Great Pics everyone! Reminds me of walking to the 7-11 in the late seventies, buying a Big Gulp, a comic book, and still having change from a $1.00. Good times!!!!

Great Pics everyone! Reminds me of walking to the 7-11 in the late seventies, buying a Big Gulp, a comic book, and still having change from a $1.00. Good times!!!!

it was always a slurpee for me at the 7-11.

:cloud9:

From my freshman year in high school (1966). The student paper did a story on me, basically "weird student has strange hobby" piece. Bought a nice run of Spidey 1-10 from a classmate when he saw it though!

The Green Hornet came from a stash of books my dad had...

Gary1966.jpg

From my freshman year in high school (1966). The student paper did a story on me, basically "weird student has strange hobby" piece. Bought a nice run of Spidey 1-10 from a classmate when he saw it though!

Gary1966.jpg

Wow....you're old :baiting:

Cool picture

Gary1966.jpg

Hey Mr Moondog, you look quite nice looking there young man,

How have you aged ?

Gary1966.jpg

How have you aged ?

:eek: Keep the flirting to pm's please

Gary1966.jpg

How have you aged ?

:eek: Keep the flirting to pm's please
:luhv:

And here's a pic of my dad reading one in the early '50's in his marine barracks. I was on the lookout for a copy of that comic and found one last year. I plan on getting a print of this pic and the comic matted/framed to give to him. He's 80 now, still smokes, and collects comics.

dad.jpg

Great idea. Get him a nice cigar too. I love this kinda stuff :)