• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black actor for Peter Parker???

255 posts in this topic

Maybe they can get Tyler Perry to direct it and get Martin Lawrence to play Aunt May in his Big Momma costume. hm

This might have legs.

:signfunny:

And Luke Cage should be played by Mclovin from super-bad. Cuz he seems like a better actor than 5 random black guys that have been rumored to be up for the role.

Funny post. . .but let's face facts. . .this will be the fourth Spidey movie. . .reboot or not, Its probably gonna blow. If they raised James Dean from the dead to act in it and Orson Welles to direct it. . its still gonna suck. So whether its a black guy, white guy, purple guy or the Great Gazoo himself its not an issue. . .end result ---- Fail!

And Luke Cage should be played by Mclovin from super-bad. Cuz he seems like a better actor than 5 random black guys that have been rumored to be up for the role.

Funny post. . .but let's face facts. . .this will be the fourth Spidey movie. . .reboot or not, Its probably gonna blow. If they raised James Dean from the dead to act in it and Orson Welles to direct it. . its still gonna suck. So whether its a black guy, white guy, purple guy or the Great Gazoo himself its not an issue. . .end result ---- Fail!

:signfunny:

Thats like a white guy playing the part of the Black Panther. lol

Very stupid.

I think this idea is worse than 1986 New Coke...

:P

or like a white guy playing a chinese guy on a kung fu show. :pullhair:doh!:tonofbricks:

Great idea only I hear the Great Gazoo is slated to make an appearance in the Green Lantern Movie

if Venom would have looked like a symbiote and not a bendable rubber snap back costume, they may have had a leg 2 walk on for a sequel ...... however they botched the black costume so bad they might as well reboot the series as the 3 with Toby were in my eyes crapcakes as far as having anything I wanted 2 see in them.

Pull a scorpion, mysterio in the new spiderman, make it good. Then maybe the reboot will have a leg 2 stand on as far as sequels from that point on in....

just my thoughts

So, maybe it is time for a change of pace. Comics are pieces of fantasy, no reason there can't be a black Spider-Man if the actor can portray the characteristics of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. You are limiting your possible outcomes for a possible strong movie by saying Spider-Man isn't black.

Just my opinion...

Spider-man is NOT black. There has been 1000s and 1000s of Spider-man comics and I can say this for certain. He is not black. If they want a black superhero, make one. Don't destroy 50 years of history and continuity to ruffle some feathers. If they do it, the movie will completely flop.

o.k. I can get used to the Black Nick Fury or even the Black Kingpin

(inwhich none of these characters were first created to be black)

but Black Spider-Man, really???

:sorry:

What the hell, I'm going to say:

I think casting a black actor as Peter Parker would be kind of silly, but I don't have a big problem with an alternate/relaunched Spidey character that happened to be black -- if the story is solid and the character is interesting, and if the casting isn't just a gimmick (all big 'ifs'), there could be the seed of a great idea here. Like the Ultimate comics lines. Maybe a new character, new supporting cast, and a complete tonal shift of some kind (more of an 'Elseworlds' Spidey) could shake this thing up.

My concern about the path the movie is on now is that it's going to be same old, same old across the board... with the usual origin story, high school antics, romance with a young MJ, etc. Essentially a tamer version of the first Spidey movie... a story not only familiar to us, but even to the moviegoing public at this point.

So, maybe it is time for a change of pace. Comics are pieces of fantasy, no reason there can't be a black Spider-Man if the actor can portray the characteristics of Peter Parker and Spider-Man. You are limiting your possible outcomes for a possible strong movie by saying Spider-Man isn't black.

Just my opinion...

Are you stupid? Sorry if this seems like an attack, but that is a ridiculous post. Spider-man is NOT black. There has been 1000s and 1000s of Spider-man comics and I can say this for certain. He is not black. If they want a black superhero, make one. Don't destroy 50 years of history and continuity to ruffle some feathers. If they do it, the movie will completely flop.

hm

black Superman

black Batman

Just my opinion...

Spider-man is NOT black. There has been 1000s and 1000s of Spider-man comics and I can say this for certain. He is not black. If they want a black superhero, make one. Don't destroy 50 years of history and continuity to ruffle some feathers. If they do it, the movie will completely flop.

I've seen comics with a black Captain America, Robin as a girl, Superman as electricity but never will there be a black Spider-Man, you are probably right.