• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain this one to me..

168 posts in this topic

I believe that is a definite possibility...tie this in with the fact that toomuchgrowth was the possible bidder that moved spidermanbeyond on that ASM 14 CGC that we were discussing last night on another thread and that TOOmuchgrowth is a lurker/poster on these forums?

That is why my intial post was in the form of a question? I wanted to know if that was murph's ID on eBay...given the proclivity for bidding on "tier 1" ASM and other key books... I suspected.

I think it would have remained toomuch growth all thread long until someone else signed in as it will remain darthdiesel as well until another heritage member signs in...

I think it would have remained toomuch growth all thread long until someone else signed in as it will remain darthdiesel as well until another heritage member signs in...
No it's more complex than that, I've signed in two or three times over the last 20 minutes while trying to figure this out.

Not sure yet how your name keeps popping up.

I believe that is a definite possibility...tie this in with the fact that toomuchgrowth was the possible bidder that mover spidermanbeyond aon that ASM 14 CGC that we were discussing last night on another thread and that TOOmuchgrowth is a lurker/poster on these forums?

Yeah, I don't think we can or should assume that murph is TOOmuchgrowth. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Phil

I retracted my last statement because I realized it may have been a bit hasty.

But if you look at the original thread that spidermanbeyond posted about this book, murph participated without providing any insight. If he is toomuchgrowth, and his bid was legit, I would at least think he would PM spidermanbeyond to lay his concerns to rest.

"That is why my intial post was in the form of a question? I wanted to know if that was murph's ID on eBay...given the proclivity for bidding on "tier 1" ASM and other key books... I suspected. "

a question the murph has yet to answer, funny that, he is all over the boards usually.........

but i am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt until he puts his side of the story forward.

Ok, hang on a second here. Murph posted the link, and about 6 hours later Darth sees this user id in the box right?

In those 6 hours, if any of the forum posters that posted here and linked to that auction, mudbuddha, hammer, etc. and signed in to Heritage then copied a link over here, then possibly one of them is TOOmuchgrowth. However, as FF was putting it, it takes more than just simply logging on to get rid of the last name in there...

I was going to bid up all the cheap Spideys people were talking about...now I can't without everyone being able to check my bids...doh!

I was wondering why I can't get toomuchgrowth now but it was there. It now has darthdiesel because darth signed in and made a bid like he said. MurphO started the post and there is no doubt that he is toomuchgrowth. I want everyone to know this sick **** is playing games. I wonder why he has not responded Mr. Number One Poster????

Heh OK I figured it out, I think. If you click the link now it's my name.

It's a small bug in Heritage's bidding software that they very understandably haven't caught. The SID in the URL is almost certainly dynamically associated with an ID whenever they do something on the site; perhaps bidding creates it, maybe just logging in does it. When Murph originally posted the link, it was still associated with him.

The bug appears to be that when you're logged in as one person, but then you bid on a lot using someone else's account, the SID gets reassigned to the person who bid. That's what I did to get my name popping up--I clicked the link at the beginning of this thread, went to an auction, and bid using my own username and password.

This is a scenario that would rarely happen, unless two different usernames bid on the same computer--or when somebody copies and pastes a link with their SID into a message forum. shocked.gif

If murph is "toomuchgrowth" how is he guilty of any wrongdoing? Look at his ebay bidding record, it shows that he only bid on one auction by essoilman. He placed that bid within 8 seconds of spidermanbeyond's bid. How can that be a shill? Perhaps he defended essoilman in the earlier thread because he KNEW the bid he placed was in good faith. Let's not jump to conclusions people. Let's look at the facts as we have them & let's wait to hear from murph.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics