• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Girl Art - Spanking Panels and Bondage

63 posts in this topic

you know the hobby is gaining mainstream traction when the perverts gravitate toward it but then again maybe it already has.. *looking around*
It's only a matter of time before the ''Furries'' start jumping on the bandwagon. :insane:

Good thing that shot was only from the waist up... :blush:

Yes, no-one on this Forum wants to see your Spider-Man jimjams. :baiting:

I wasn't actually wearing those...but now that I see what your imagination has filled in...that's quite an interesting fetish you have there. hm

Huh.

You know, the GA stuff is kind of tame. Does nostalgia make it safe?

Can you use your argument to defend the covers of the Men's Adventure Magazines of the 50s/60s/70s that depicted dark-skinned foreigners, bikers, Nazis, Nazi bikers etc. tying up and torturing women in their underwear?

(Alot of these covers were also swiped from 30s weird menace pulps.)

Where's the line?

Your questions are a good one. Well, I have no expertise with those Men's magazines you mention, but am generally familiar with the covers from eBay. I am certainly not in favor of censorship, so if nobody bought those mag's, the publisher would have gone out of business. Though there are evil Nazi's, the images don't offend me any more than the Nazi's on Alex Schomburg war covers, because they are vilified in the art, and are not glamorized. The idea of of them torturing women is reminiscent of some of Fiction House's WWII era titles such as Rangers, Fight & Wings. The notation beneath Fight Comics in Overstreet says "Bondage covers, Lingere, headlights panels are common."

There is something about a damsel in distress that sells. Women in situations of forced submission (even with torture) as depicted in comics is nothing more than a visual fantasy for healthy men (the targeted demographic) to absorb, as men generally like to envision themselves as 'the one's who wear the pants, fight the wars, and fantasize of having a Harem of babes at their feet or at their beck and call.'

Don't read too deeply into those magazine covers, they seem shocking in order to sell issues, and it is NOT sadists who had bought them, just ordinary men from the 50-70s who like to fantasize. So far as comic books go, yes, nostalgic comics are very safe, and anyone who says different is likely to be pro-censorship, and history could repeat itself with Fredric Wetham all over again. This is not the final word on this topic, it's only my opinion of course.

I love all GGA books, well, practically. But, I am a spanking panel maven, and proud of it.

Any idea what caused your psyche to start enjoying spanking scenes so much? I've got some fetishes, but spanking isn't so much one of them. Many fetishes stem from events in childhood...was there a spanking incident you either experienced or witnessed someone else go through, maybe in real life or on television, that fixated you on it perhaps? (shrug)

Interestingly, Jean-Jacques Rousseau--author of "The Social Contract" which helped inspire the American Declaration of Independence and US Constituation--wrote an autobiography where he delved deply into his own spanking fetish. That's a pretty ballsy thing to do for that time period...usually people dig that stuff up about you...

I've got a few ideas on my own sexual psyche, and the sexual psyche of humans, as I've given some thought over the years to it, but this is certainly not the forum to discuss it in, since this forum is about comic books. ;)

Very interesting link you posted about Jean-Jacques Rousseau, I was unaware of that. Yes, it was quite 'ballsy' of him to profess his interests so publicly like that. Actually it took some bravado for me to post such a seemingly delicate and taboo topic even on this Collector Society Forum in this day and age. You would think that Comicdom as a whole would be much more tolerant given the stifling history Comic Books have gone through to earn their current status of creative freedoms. Comic Books were burned in piles (which I suppose adds to their scarcity today), and Publishers were persecuted for their beliefs. Just reading some of the McCarthyist-like replies to my post from a few ignorant, virtuous, asexual Spawn Collectors here who felt they needed to respond to a topic they have no interest in it, does make having a mature discussion on this topic a bit more difficult. But such a topic is still relevant here. It's never easy to talk about one's personal sexual interests in public, but because of the definite relationship between sexuality and comic books, a lot needs to still be said on this topic.

For my part, I really don't enjoy mixing sex with my comic books. Sure, there are plenty who like books like Dawn, Vampirella, and other similar books from GA up to Modern. For my part, I'm more interested in either sheer entertainment (which will typically be more focused on character relations of a standard sort) or more in-depth arcs such as the hero's journey, the exploration of social issues (I'm thinking of Eisner's Contract with God trilogy or perhaps the Nuclear Cold War with Watchmen). Even in my more serious comic literature, I don't like overly sexual content--it's not that I don't like sex, but I am definitely one of those guys who, at dinner, does not mix his side dishes. In like fashion, I don't like mixing certain aspects of my life.

And I think it is fair to expect a certain reaction from a number of people on this, and I suspect you knew this already otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to write up such a detailed post--a clear marker that you not only expected but welcomed the response. ;)

Of course, graemlins and pithy remarks probably weren't what you were hoping for as much :grin:

Good thing that shot was only from the waist up... :blush:

Yes, no-one on this Forum wants to see your Spider-Man jimjams. :baiting:

I wasn't actually wearing those...but now that I see what your imagination has filled in...that's quite an interesting fetish you have there. hm

Compared to what else has been delineated in this thread, a jimjam obsession is pretty mild. :insane:

Best spanking panel ever (but I'm incredibly biased)

Spirit01Dec1940.jpg

Thanks for posting your Spirit section 12/1/40 here, very cool (the small scan here does not even do this amazing newsprint book justice). You may be biased, but universal standards could prove that this could very well be the number 1 greatest Spanking comic of all time, and one of the greatest GGA books of all time. To make the determination on our website of the best Spanking panels and comics throughout history, each comic book we analyze based upon standard & detailed criteria (called Book & Data Charts), gets assigned a final score. So every comic book in our site is tested and scored. And on our Analysis page, we rank each book based upon it's score (as well as look for common traits in these books).

Total scores are combined from the Issue's Spanko Score (spanking & GGA qualities) & it's Book Score (Non-Spanking qualities). While we haven't yet posted a page for The Spirit Section 12/1/40, it is on our agenda, and I'm speculating it may just earn top spot on our Analysis Page. Our site is really designed for anyone interested in GGA Books because of the vault of unknown information we are uncovering about certain issues including Artist appearances in a book, and story printing history etc. It's really neurotically cool. Comicdom has never seen anything like this before (to the best of our knowledge).

If I may give you a few examples to illustrate what I am talking about:

One of the completed books we've Analyzed so far is 'Federal Men Comics #2' (1945, Gerard Publishing), and we've dissected it from cover to cover on it's Book & Data Charts Page here:

http://www.spankingpanels.com/bookdata.php?id=10'>http://www.spankingpanels.com/bookdata.php?id=10

So much information is contained on that Book & Data Chart page that spans many boundaries and contains much uncovered as well as known data on that book. At the bottom of the page you can see it gets Scored based upon the results of the Book & Data Charts Tests, in this instance, it receives a Spanko Score of: 90, a Book Score of 388, and a Combined Score of 478.

Now imagine, we have done the same thing with our other Books of Interest (that we have tended to already with many more to come):

http://www.spankingpanels.com/comics.php'>http://www.spankingpanels.com/comics.php

Then we Rank and compare data here on the Analysis Page: http://www.spankingpanels.com/analysis.php'>http://www.spankingpanels.com/analysis.php

Since the site is a work in progress, that means books will continuously be put through this rigorous testing progress to determine, uncover, and Score it's content (including covers).

And getting back to your book, Spirit Section 12/1/40, again, it has so many traits and qualities that make it a true prize for collectors (and investors), that in the end, it may rank #1 with us.

I believe what we are doing is groundbreaking in a way, because similar Standard tests may be derived in the future to cover other niches and and much larger categories of general books (including Superhero, Crime, Horror etc.,), or even a single Standard for all Comic Books. And it is their final scores that generally mirror Relative Value Indexes, and displays to the consumer with evidence all the right reasons a certain book may either be in high demand or low demand.

GGA_Fan

P.S. Never judge any man based upon their Fetish interests, but rather their genuine ideas and contributions. Even if you take the 'Fetish-ness' out of the equation, and see what we are doing with these books, you are bound to be either impressed or entertained so long as you are a Golden Age Comic Book collector.

For my part, I really don't enjoy mixing sex with my comic books. Sure, there are plenty who like books like Dawn, Vampirella, and other similar books from GA up to Modern....

And I think it is fair to expect a certain reaction from a number of people on this, and I suspect you knew this already otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to write up such a detailed post--a clear marker that you not only expected but welcomed the response. ;)

Of course, graemlins and pithy remarks probably weren't what you were hoping for as much :grin:

Thanks for your insightful comments and taking the time to converse here. I am no expert in modern books and therefore cannot comment on the titles you noted, but your perspective represents many others who frequent these boards (perhaps the majority?). However, the subject of my original post was clearly outlined, even the Good Girl Art part primarily refers to the Golden Age, so anyone entering here and reading the posts should not have been surprised one little bit at the specialized topic to be discussed here. Yet, this is an open Forum, and this thread is open to any person with any opinion on the topic, either pro or con. Yet I was not expecting as you said the 'pithy' or wave of brainless, shallow drool from the wrong type of participant (than the post had intended to attract).

Peace