• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2024 at 4:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome 💯 

That too can be a factor.

Hard to believe if they were copper age prints that they'd still be so cheap! So thanks for the heads up!

I don't remember a lot of prints as I perused areas as a kid, rarely got to visit LCS or cons if at all. I was still aware of them though as the 90's and upward and everything became cards, prints, holograms, 3d foil and or etc

The frames add a lot of value but I'm not too willing to give into that price lol.

question?

Three Dimensional Alien Worlds 1 in Comic Books & Memorabilia | eBay

Is the Three Dimensional Dave Stevens?

I had heard rumored that no it isn't, apps list him as either inker or penciler, but I haven't found CGC note and it isn't in the registry under Dave Stevens....

Figuring there is a reason for that as prolific the artist is, age of the Dave Stevens sets, and the thoroughness of passionate collectors.

But could it be that "inker or penciler" doesn't qualify as a "cover of Daves" but he is associated with it nonetheless? @F For Fake or anyone else lol 

On 5/11/2024 at 11:59 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

question?

Three Dimensional Alien Worlds 1 in Comic Books & Memorabilia | eBay

Is the Three Dimensional Dave Stevens?

I had heard rumored that no it isn't, apps list him as either inker or penciler, but I haven't found CGC note and it isn't in the registry under Dave Stevens....

Figuring there is a reason for that as prolific the artist is, age of the Dave Stevens sets, and the thoroughness of passionate collectors.

But could it be that "inker or penciler" doesn't qualify as a "cover of Daves" but he is associated with it nonetheless? @F For Fake or anyone else lol 

The cover is by Chiodo

Stevens inks the first story, three pages.

On 5/11/2024 at 2:06 PM, OtherEric said:

The cover is by Chiodo

Stevens inks the first story, three pages.

awesome, I may leave raw and use as a back cover pic for a Stevens book then...

Idk if you do the registry here, is that book even in a slot? It isn't under three dimensional, nor Dave Stevens and etc, I haven't been able to find it is what I mean....

If you knew where?

It is complete with the glasses, but idk

On 5/10/2024 at 7:55 PM, littledoom said:

Those prints are available on etsy by a DS seller for $35 free shipping if anyone is interested

Okay.I didn't realize these were still being sold.If found on Etsy I'd be leery unless it by his estate seller,which it may be,the price seems in line as to what they offer on Ebay.It is such an obscure image I just figured it was an advert frt the VHS tape it's featured on "Space Thing".

Speaking of Etsy,I bought 2 copies of Space Vixens for $20 there.After about 2 weeks the seller came back with ,"I've looked high and low but I can't find the books.Here's your refund". Total BS but what can you do.

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 1:28 PM, littledoom said:

That's a lot of books, what other notable comics where in the lot?

The best overall were this Bettie Page, the Dynamic Forces variant of Black Widow #1 (1st Yelena), Transmetropolitan 1-3, and a sealed Batman collector set with 6 DCU books in it. And then some lesser stuff, and then a ton of drek...

I posted about it here:

Edited by Jesse-Lee