• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Just received a sweet copy of Verotik Illustrated #2 in the mail today. What are you guys using to cover up certain parts of these types of books after you scan them and want to show them on here? :grin:

Im not very partial to editing (tsk) . After all, im a big fan of boobies (thumbs u

Just received a sweet copy of Verotik Illustrated #2 in the mail today. What are you guys using to cover up certain parts of these types of books after you scan them and want to show them on here? :grin:

Im not very partial to editing (tsk) . After all, im a big fan of boobies (thumbs u

Agreed. T&A all the way! (worship)

:gossip: I've noticed I'm buying a lot of comics lately with scantily clad beautiful women on them (Dave Stevens covers, Lady Mechanika, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris, Cavewoman Jungle Jam, Escape From Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, Monster Hunters' Survival Guide, etc.). It must be a phase I'm going through. :insane:

:gossip: I've noticed I'm buying a lot of comics lately with scantily clad beautiful women on them (Dave Stevens covers, Lady Mechanika, Warlord of Mars, Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris, Cavewoman Jungle Jam, Escape From Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, Monster Hunters' Survival Guide, etc.). It must be a phase I'm going through. :insane:

Yeah I've been going through that phase for about 20 years!

Yeah I've been going through that phase for about 20 years!

I think it's about 42 years now for me. The testosterone level is still pretty good in this old body! :D

What's everyone's experience with the easiest to find book in $1 and below boxes? I can only go by my stuff and I only started looking about 6 months ago, but I have seven Jonny Quest 5, five Alien Worlds 4 (although 4 came out of the same box), and five Crossfire & Rainbow 4. I dont have anything else in quantity more than 3 from the cheapies.

What's everyone's experience with the easiest to find book in $1 and below boxes? I can only go by my stuff and I only started looking about 6 months ago, but I have seven Jonny Quest 5, five Alien Worlds 4 (although 4 came out of the same box), and five Crossfire & Rainbow 4. I dont have anything else in quantity more than 3 from the cheapies.

Alien Worlds #2 and #4 have been very easy for me, a dealer at the last show I was at had multiple copies of both in his .50 boxes, I bought all the ones that were in decent condition. Planet Comics #1 has been plentiful in recent months, as well.

What's everyone's experience with the easiest to find book in $1 and below boxes?

Airboy 5, Alien Worlds 2 and 4, Jungle Comics 1 and many others are available often. Where it gets tricky is when you care about 9.4 or better grades.

Airboy 5 especially since it is so thin and easy to damage.

Planet Comics #1 has been plentiful in recent months, as well.

What level of availability is "plentiful," as this has been the tougher one for me when it comes to 9.4 or better.

:gossip: Oh, and we are not talking about BS #9, so you can respond now. lol

:baiting:

Well, one dealer had multiples of Planet Comics #1, so I picked up three, all were in decent condition. Still not a ton of them like the Alien Worlds #2 and #4, where I've probably picked up at least 20 copies each from one particular dealer and could have had more if I had taken the beat to mess copies.

I haven't found anything lately but the last time I managed to score a lot of Dave at one time it seems like it was a pretty decent run of the Jonny Quest books. Multiples of all of them ranging from paper airplane grade to maybe 9.6. I guess we will see since I sent the second best copy in for grading. The best copy is signed :)

That 9.9 Starslayer #2 is up to $170. :o Never expected it to get THAT high.

A double cover 9.8 sold for $126 4 years ago, but generally that's 3 times a 9.8 price.

I was really tempted, but thats a crazy price...