• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

From the Heritage Archives...

Dave Stevens - Nuff Said? #2 Complete 5-page story "Teran" Original Art (1972). The roots of the supremely talented Dave Stevens are revealed in "Teran," a five-page tale drawn for David Chamberlain's 1972 fanzine, Nuff Said?. Dave Stevens' story, written by Chamberlain, shows the influence of such comic book and fantasy art titans as Jeff Jones, Frank Frazetta, Joe Kubert, and Burne Hogarth. Dave was learning from the best and in a very short time, he would be joining their ranks as a fan-favorite! Even in this early effort, Dave Stevens' inked lines have a grace, precision, and elegance that are in a league of their own. The image area of each page measures 10" x 12.5", and aside from a few touches of white-out used for art corrections, the art is in Excellent condition. As a bonus, photostats of the story, and a copy of the fanzine are included in this lot. The 'zine also features interviews with Mark Evanier and Marv Wolfman.

Whoever owns that piece is one lucky Stevens nut.

And it sold for $577?! :o

That last page has been offered on ebay several times recently.

It's, ummm...."early" for Stevens work...not just chronologically.

Whoever owns that piece is one lucky Stevens nut.

And it sold for $577?! :o

That last page has been offered on ebay several times recently.

It's, ummm...."early" for Stevens work...not just chronologically.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

D_Stevens67.jpg

Look everyone - D. Stevens' first work from 1967. First attempt at GGA. :blush:

Got grades on my 3 Dave books at CGC....2 9.8 and 1 9.6, not too bad!

Which books? (shrug)

:popcorn:

The three he subbed. :gossip:

:lol: I don't mind saying...Girl Crazy and Rocketeer Adventures 2 & 3.

:golfclap:

Hey, does anyone want to do some Dave Stevens slab trading? I have two books that I'm going to sell because I have duplicates of them, but I'm more interested in getting books that I don't already have instead. I have two slabs I would be willing to trade for a book I don't already have or to upgrade one of my existing books.

Rocketeer Adventure Magazine # 3 CGC 9.8

and

Vanguard Illustrated # 2 CGC 9.6

if no bites I'll throw them on the bay. You can check the registry to see what I don't have or just ask me if I'm interested.

How do I see your registry?

Well, you could always add someone to your registry "friend" list so you track what they post, like someone did with me just the other day.

:eek:

And at least the second "friend" notice that came through this morning is from a fellow Stevens fanatic.

:cloud9:

Stevenites...a point debate in the Registry forum raise this question from me. This is the more approprIate thread for it...

What DS books would you consider the Top 5, or Top 10 if you're willing, rarest/hardest to find books in the set? Curious what everyone thinks...