• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,940 posts in this topic

What do these get at 9.4/9.6 slabbed? I figured if it didn't get a 9.8 it wouldn't be worth messing with. I've got a nice stack of "very likely 9.8's" that i was thinking of sending in sorta soon.........

Worthless.

sFun_eyescan.gif

I think you're being led astray.

I didn't know he was a smoker.....

oh....astray?

Nevermind.

Dude,

You are probably getting offers already but I'd suggest sending them in just on the off chance one of them does come back 9.8. The others that don't put them up on the bay. They'll sell.

doh!

Did you really believe him?

lol

I've seen 3 second printings of that book (Quack #1) this year out at shows, which is rather strange as I haven't run into ANY 1st prints...

What in the books has told you that the Quack #1's you have seen were 2nd prints? Currently known information via various underground comix price guides and web sites says there is only one printing of all issues of Quack.

It's in the Indicia. I believe that's the only way to tell.

Lone Star Listing

Found a copy of Destiny Science Fiction #2 - but it's at a library, and they only send out photocopies.

:cry:

Then on another search, I finally found an owner of a Destiny Science Fiction #2.

:ohnoez::wishluck:

:wishluck:

I've seen 3 second printings of that book (Quack #1) this year out at shows, which is rather strange as I haven't run into ANY 1st prints...

What in the books has told you that the Quack #1's you have seen were 2nd prints? Currently known information via various underground comix price guides and web sites says there is only one printing of all issues of Quack.

It's in the Indicia. I believe that's the only way to tell.

Lone Star Listing

Thank you, this is something I will bring up with Fogel for his next UG update. The Kennedy Guide also says there is a 2nd printing of Quack #1, so it somehow got missed by Fogel in both the full guide and the update that came out more recently. It also was missed by ugcomix.info and Sir Real's UG site, which are both also usually very reliable.

BTW, I do have a first printing of Quack #1, and it does say First Printing in the indicia.

Edited by Brother J

Found a copy of Destiny Science Fiction #2 - but it's at a library, and they only send out photocopies.

Then on another search, I finally found an owner of a Destiny Science Fiction #2.

Was that library in California? I think I did that same search and came up with the same place a few months ago...

Was that library in California? I think I did that same search and came up with the same place a few months ago...

BINGO!

Oh, FYI...just after we mentioned it yesterday there is a Space Vixen NM on the bay... a little pricey for my tastes but if it truly is NM it would be worth it after slabbing.

And another one sold raw for an amazing amount.

Now watch who submits it for their registry. :popcorn: