• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

Oh, FYI...just after we mentioned it yesterday there is a Space Vixen NM on the bay... a little pricey for my tastes but if it truly is NM it would be worth it after slabbing.

And another one sold raw for an amazing amount.

Now watch who submits it for their registry. :popcorn:

I was watching it but noticed yesterday that someone else had snagged it.

Oh, FYI...just after we mentioned it yesterday there is a Space Vixen NM on the bay... a little pricey for my tastes but if it truly is NM it would be worth it after slabbing.

I was watching it but noticed yesterday that someone else had snagged it.

Very tempting book, isn't it Mike? :luhv:

The owner of Destiny #2 I contacted is a long-time fanzine collector, and everything he has is in his permanent collection. But being extremely nice, and all about sharing information, he scanned the entire Destiny #2 so I had it as a reference.

:o

th_Dsi.jpgth_Dsh.jpgth_Dsg.jpgth_Dsf.jpg

th_Dse.jpgth_Dsd.jpgth_Dscov.jpgth_Dsc.jpg

th_Dsb.jpgth_Dsa.jpg

I do not see this as a book CGC would grade. It just appears too easy to reproduce. But man, to own one would be so cool.

:cloud9:

And here are some closeups.

Back cover - this explains why someone even received the fanzine.

backcover.jpg

Page 2 notes in the book legend who contributed the content.

Legend.jpg

And here is the front cover art. :cloud9:

FrontCover.jpg

It looks like the fanzine was stapled shut when mailed. The back cover came with a mail label.

Sweet share, Nick! Please pass along my thanks to the kind owner for the beautiful scan!

Will do, Joshua. (thumbs u

He's been collecting for over 40 years, and has a library of over 12,000 fanzines.

:ohnoez: 12,000?!?? (worship)

Sweet share, Nick! Please pass along my thanks to the kind owner for the beautiful scan!

Will do, Joshua. (thumbs u

He's been collecting for over 40 years, and has a library of over 12,000 fanzines.

:ohnoez: 12,000?!?? (worship)

You meet a lot of great people in our hobby most times. This was one of those for sure!

:luhv:

guy seemed happy to snag it. He made an offer but hit the BIN before i had the chance to respond. I think i'm going to price my next one at $100 so i can keep it for a while.

Wow, too cool to get to see that fanzine! Maybe one of these days somebody will find a box full of them and NOT chuck them in the trash. They do look very easy to reproduce though so I'm in agreement. I doubt CGC would slab it.

Wow, too cool to get to see that fanzine! Maybe one of these days somebody will find a box full of them and NOT chuck them in the trash. They do look very easy to reproduce though so I'm in agreement. I doubt CGC would slab it.

Wouldn't that be cool? At least we had a chance to see what the cover was part of, and a closeup of the artwork. I'd love to track one down.

Have you ever been looking for one thing, only to stumble across something else? I started my quest for the Destiny fanzine about a month or so ago and in true Bilbo Baggins style I came across "my precious'. Local LCS owner had this in a back room. Soooooo, I took it off his hands. :grin:

Scan0006-1.jpg