• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,931 posts in this topic

How about an instant Dave collection?

Holey Moley link

Wow!

Condition Average: VF (Very Fine) Most better, a couple books may be Fine+ only from minor creases in spine.

The up-in-the-air grading range may be the only warning what is tucked under the pile.

True, but you never know...

:popcorn:

Anyone on here pick up the print from Wierd Heralds on Da-Bay? Nice snag. :applause:

:whee:

I'll post a picture once it's framed...

Weird Harold had another one for sale, but that got picked up right away! Now someone else has to post their print once it's framed.

:popcorn:

My new addition to the man cave walls...

7473573398_0a70cefb00_c.jpg

7473574994_417a66d4e8_c.jpg

My daily perusal of this thread is threatening to disrupt the delicate balance between my Steranko obsession and my Dave Stevens obsession.

If I sold my Steranko books I could buy more Dave Stevens stuff.... hm

Sterwhoko?

Guest Reader
If I sold my Steranko books I could buy more Dave Stevens stuff.... hm

Sounds like an easy decision to me... (shrug)

Sterwhoko?

Haters. Although, I would trade any OA I have for Dave's cover to Cheval Noir #1.

Okay, so here's a question that is bugging me.

I'm looking through the Dave Stevens Covers registry set and I see two books that I'm not familiar with: Ark 31 (finally found this one at the official Dave Stevens website. doh! ) and Shadow 3 (Dark Horse).

After spending several minutes searching, googling, etc., etc., I still have know nothing about these books. I can't find any information on them.

Has anyone seen these issues? Does anyone know what they even look like or where I could find more information about them?

Just curious. This is what happens when too much caffeine meets boredom. (shrug)

Edited by USCMitch

I think it's actually a back cover book...a pretty weak add to the set. At least with DHP #100 and the Madman #4 the art is original and isn't a blatant advertisement for another book. On the Rocketeer back covers, the book actually contains Rocketeer stories so more of a flip book...my 2c

ShadowHellsHeatWave3coverproof.jpg

I think it's actually a back cover book...a pretty weak add to the set. At least with DHP #100 and the Madman #4 the art is original and isn't a blatant advertisement for another book. On the Rocketeer back covers, the book actually contains Rocketeer stories so more of a flip book...my 2c

Seems reasonable an explanation as any. hm

Some of our Brit Boardies might be able to tell you more about ARK magazine. (shrug)

Thanks! I've looked at that cover several times thinking that it had to be it, but the artwork was clearly not Dave Stevens. I had never seen the back cover though. I totally agree with your sentiments by the way. It does seem rather weak.

How about an instant Dave collection?

Holey Moley link

Wow!

Condition Average: VF (Very Fine) Most better, a couple books may be Fine+ only from minor creases in spine.

The up-in-the-air grading range may be the only warning what is tucked under the pile.

True, but you never know...

This lot ended at $108.05. Did anybody here pick this up?

This lot ended at $108.05. Did anybody here pick this up?

Not me. I just figured I would give my fellow Stevenites a whack at that amazing lot of books.

But $108 sounds low if enough of those books are 9.6 or better.