• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,996 posts in this topic

I was a little too afraid of the number of 9.2's and lower that would come out of that stash even after a press. Of course all it takes is a couple of 9.8's to make that money back so somebody may have gotten themselves a great deal.

How about an instant Dave collection?

Holey Moley link

Wow!

Condition Average: VF (Very Fine) Most better, a couple books may be Fine+ only from minor creases in spine.

The up-in-the-air grading range may be the only warning what is tucked under the pile.

True, but you never know...

This lot ended at $108.05. Did anybody here pick this up?

I didn't pick up the above referenced lot, but I did win a smaller lot of Dave Stevens books from the same seller. I feel sorry for the buyer of the larger lot. My 7 books came unboarded, unbagged, shipped in a flat rate envelope with no cardboard or any type of protection. :facepalm:

Why, oh why, do I keep buying books on ebay. doh!

Ouchies. Wasn't me but would have been good to know.

Really would've been good to know. I just got the books today and as soon as I grabbed the envelope, I knew I was in trouble.

I really do have to stop purchasing off of ebay. Nothing good comes from it.

Really would've been good to know. I just got the books today and as soon as I grabbed the envelope, I knew I was in trouble.

I'd just steer clear of raws unless you know the seller. Slabs are a different story.

I'd just steer clear of raws unless you know the seller. Slabs are a different story.

True. I spoke to generally. Definitely have had good experiences purchasing slabs. But raw books.... no bueno.

Amazon showing the Dave Stevens book is delayed, might have to pic. up the SDCC edition up tomorrow.

January 2013!?!? :o

And the wife just pre-ordered it for me as a belated Father's Day gift. Well, it should arrive in time for next Father's Day. (shrug)