• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

Just got my copy of Dave Stevens: Complete Sketches & Studies. The more Dave Stevens art I see, the more I realize what an artistic genius he was and how much we are missing with him gone.

There is an incredible Detective Comics cover (commission?) with Batman carrying the Catwoman. Absolutely unreal stuff...here are some that I hadn't seen before and that I do not believe have been posted in this thread...

CANCER SUCKS!!!

PhantomLady_logo.jpg

tumblr_lt156jtXI51qg1iejo1_400.png

blue_cafe_poster.jpg

stevens_dolphin_recreation_by_sky_boy-d3evbbj.jpg

Just got my copy of Dave Stevens: Complete Sketches & Studies. The more Dave Stevens art I see, the more I realize what an artistic genius he was and how much we are missing with him gone.

There is an incredible Detective Comics cover (commission?) with Batman carrying the Catwoman. Absolutely unreal stuff...here are some that I hadn't seen before and that I do not believe have been posted in this thread...

CANCER SUCKS!!!

PhantomLady_logo.jpg

blue_cafe_poster.jpg

stevens_dolphin_recreation_by_sky_boy-d3evbbj.jpg

WOW (thumbs u Gonna have to get a copy of that book.Classic DS art.

Just ordered a copy of Iger Comic Kingdom.I'll post a scan when it arrives.

Hellboy: Weird Tales #7 pinup page.

:cloud9:

I think this isn't even mentioned on the official Dave Stevens checklist.

True. The website has quite a few items missing. Been trying to get in touch with the guy. Also, I think the Hellboy art is from Hellboy Weird Tales #7.

Hellboy: Weird Tales #7 pinup page.

:cloud9:

I think this isn't even mentioned on the official Dave Stevens checklist.

True. The website has quite a few items missing. Been trying to get in touch with the guy. Also, I think the Hellboy art is from Hellboy Weird Tales #7.

Exactly. I listed the book reference above the artwork. It was a pinup.

Does a Dave Stevens art book exist?Maybe even a signed and numbered edition?

Yes.

Info please (thumbs u

There have been 4 Art of Dave Stevens sketch books limited to either 1,200 or 1,500 and signed and numbered by Dave.

There's a San Diego Variant Art of Dave Stevens "Complete Sketches and Studies" limited to 300 copies, but it was put out after his passing so, obviously, not signed...just limited.

There's a regular version of that book.

There's a signed and numbered slip case edition of "Brush with Passion: The Art of Life of Dave Stevens" which he was signing up until his untimely passing, there are less of those than there should be because he didn't get to them all.

That's a few of them.

Yes.

Info please (thumbs u

There have been 4 Art of Dave Stevens sketch books limited to either 1,200 or 1,500 and signed and numbered by Dave.

There's a San Diego Variant Art of Dave Stevens "Complete Sketches and Studies" limited to 300 copies, but it was put out after his passing so, obviously, not signed...just limited.

There's a signed and numbered slip case edition of "Brush with Passion: The Art of Life of Dave Stevens" which he was signing up until his untimely passing, there are less of those than there should be because he didn't get to them all.

That's a few of them.

I was hoping you would stumble across our little chat and deal with this. I thought of you while I was typing. :foryou:

Yes.

Info please (thumbs u

That's a few of them.

I was hoping you would stumble across our little chat and deal with this. I thought of you while I was typing. :foryou:

Thanks Chris!

What kind of price range am I looking at for the brush with passion?

Yes.

Info please (thumbs u

That's a few of them.

Thanks Chris!

I'd have to check. It's got a nice leather slip case, yada yada, so it's gone pretty high.

Last time I looked they were $400 or so. I want to say it was $200 retail when it came out but I can't remember.

One ended on Ebay in November...for $430

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUSH-PASSION-LIFE-ART-DAVE-STEVENS-SIGNED-NUMBERED-LTD-ED-/170724940416?pt=US_Comics_Graphic_Novels&hash=item27bfffda80

235 got signed before he passed on...

Of course the Rocketeer Artist Edition, which has a 1,000 or 1,500 copy print run, and isn't signed or numbered, sells for $300-400...so the leather signed slip case is a steal at $400-500 if you can find one.

Yes.

Info please (thumbs u

That's a few of them.

Thanks Chris!

I'd have to check. It's got a nice leather slip case, yada yada, so it's gone pretty high.

Last time I looked they were $400 or so. I want to say it was $200 retail when it came out but I can't remember.

:o I actually bought one from Bud Plant. :o

Yes.

Info please (thumbs u

That's a few of them.

Thanks Chris!

:o I actually bought one from Bud Plant. :o

Of course.Greggy has everything cool (worship)

And thanks for the help

Edited by the shadow knows